Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pop g  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 2:22:40 PM(UTC)
pop g

Groups: Registered

The magnetron on my microwave does not come on when the start button is pushed although the oven light comes on and the timer begins the count down. If you gently pull on the handle the magnetron will come on but may go off when the handle is released. Sometimes is will come on if you push on the door. Would this be a spring problem?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 10:17:12 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

The problem you have is the door switches or there alignment.
Remove the front vent grill and open the control panel. Check the door switches performance, replace if needed.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and http://www.appliancepartspros.c...for-ge-jvm1430bd002.html

Post the results.

Simon.
pop g  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 7:08:34 PM(UTC)
pop g

Originally Posted by: Simon / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Hi.

The problem you have is the door switches or there alignment.
Remove the front vent grill and open the control panel. Check the door switches performance, replace if needed.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Microwave parts for GE JVM1430BD002 - AppliancePartsPros.com

Post the results.

Simon.

I appreciate the quick response. I have a few questions. Do I not have to remove the microwave from the wall? Do I need to discharge the capacitor? When I removed the front vent grill I saw one screw at the top of the control panel. Should the control panel come loose after removing that screw? I thought I would have to remove the case to access the components but I noticed the capacitor is right above the control panel.
Simon / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 9:23:30 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Hi.

Unplug the m/w, discharge the capacitor.
Remove the screw holding the control panel, push it up and remove. Then you will have accuses to the switches.

Simon.
pop g  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2012 11:08:58 AM(UTC)
pop g

Thanks for your info. I was able to remove all the switches and clean them and the areas around them. Unfortunately the microwave still only works when you slam the door just right. It has blown the fuse twice in the last week. I have ordered a replacement because I think it will eventually fail completely. Hope it works until then. Thanks again for your help.
Simon / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2012 1:17:50 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Hi.

I still think the problem is within the door switches and /or door latch.You need to use the multimeter to check the continuity of the switches with door open and closed.Take the wires off when testing.
Slamming the door may cause more damage.

Simon.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply