Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GCFST  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2012 9:47:58 PM(UTC)
GCFST

Groups: Registered

My spacemaker a while back made some belt squeals when beginning to go into the spin cycle but that faded....yesterday the thing started making an intermittent belt like noise during the agitate cycle that I easily derived was due to a section missing from the belt and was making the noise each time it passed the idler... figured no biggie, Ill go get another belt. upon putting that belt it on it the motor immediately smoked that belt. The large drive pulley easily turns clockwise (left side of pulley will push away from front) but will NOT rotate in other direction. Upon seeing no linkage or solenoids, I assume that this transmission is one rotation agitate, reverse rotation spin cycle. Any tips?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

GCFST  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2012 6:02:29 PM(UTC)
GCFST

The overwhelmingly helpful friendly responses that I didnt get in the last two weeks since I posted that pleas for help could have saved me a few hundred dollars... I was told by GE my tranny was indeed toast...so I bought one... tried taking the unit apart in place, couldnt separate the tub from the transmission, then discovered that the brand new and old trannys acted alike...apparently the whole tranny is a rotating mass along with the drum? gee would have been nice to know that!

IE my washer is still a huge paperweight, good news is now that the drum is out and I have plenty of room to store my collection of racid racoon carcasses ( since the side yard now looks like redneck central while it has the drum sitting there with the rest of the parts like a bad red green episode )
GCFST  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 3:52:14 AM(UTC)
GCFST

Well its over another week with yet no replies, Thanks guys! I found another non stacking washer unit that the internals are the same for cheap and the tranny spins more freely but that motor isnt quite enough to make it go around... I have a hard time believing that nobody here has a clue on this, I think you all just dont care to speak up.... I feel like a patient in a hospial that nobody wants to tell em they have flesh eating bacteria, cancer, AND hepC....could it be because of my poor attitude? naw... I was optimistic Id get some answer, possibly not what I wanted but I expected Id get an answer when I first posted....now I see it like an excersize in futility ...and yes Ive called local repair shops, only ONE is willing to help me out, the rest suggest I buy a new unit yet nobody has any stacking units in stock for at least 25 miles....so throwing money at this isnt even an answer.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply