Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
geodon7  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2012 10:00:31 AM(UTC)
geodon7

Groups: Registered

We recently moved into an apartment with a Maytag side by side refrigerator (model MSD2351KES). We replaced the water filter and now no water is dispensed and the icemaker does not produce any ice.

Prior to replacing the filter, both the icemaker and water dispenser worked, although the water came out with very little pressure.

I do not have the bypass plug to test if it is the new filter that is clogged, although that does not seem likely to me. I have attempted to purge the air from the water line and still no water. I've also checked the reservoir behind the drawers in the refrigerator and it does not appear that the water is frozen.

One additional thing to note: when the icemaker was working, it would produce ice, but would not dispense through the door.

Any suggestions on troubleshooting?

Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2012 2:45:27 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

When you press the water lever at the dispenser does the inlet solenoid energize? If yes - check if you are getting water to the water inlet valve.

Post the results.

Simon.
geodon7  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2012 7:49:33 AM(UTC)
geodon7

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Simon / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Hi.

When you press the water lever at the dispenser does the inlet solenoid energize? If yes - check if you are getting water to the water inlet valve.

Post the results.

Simon.

Sorry for the ignorance, but this is the first time I'm attempting to troubleshoot a refrigerator. Can you help explain how to test if the inlet solenoid energizes?

I doubt this answers your question, but when I press the water lever, the light at the dispenser comes on and it sounds like it's trying to dispense water. However, it doesn't sound like anything is happening behind the fridge where the water comes in.

When the dispenser is set to ice, I hear a click, but the motor in the ice maker doesn't run.

Thanks for the help!
Simon / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2012 10:00:13 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

First check if you are getting water to the fridge at the back.

Post the results.

Simon.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply