Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cujimmy  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 6, 2012 8:04:30 PM(UTC)
Cujimmy

Groups: Registered

I have checked the connection to the disposal and it seems clear. I have been trying to disassemble the drain area in the dishwasher to see if it is plugged. I have removed the screws around the spinning water spray and removed it. Now there is a black plastic disk thing which i believe is where the water comes from to the bottom spin sprayer. I've looked for a repair manual on line with no good results. Not sure if I'm even on the right track to get at the drain. Would prefer to not have to completely remove the dishwasher. Not even sure if that would help me. I have a small drain tool I would like to run through the line from the dishwasher to the disposal if I could only get at it. Looking for someone with more than my limited knowledge to help me out. Am I chasing the wrong path? Please help. Wife is giving me the evil eye. Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Rob Williams  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 6, 2012 8:53:19 PM(UTC)
Rob Williams

Originally Posted by: Cujimmy Go to Quoted Post
I have checked the connection to the disposal and it seems clear. I have been trying to disassemble the drain area in the dishwasher to see if it is plugged. I have removed the screws around the spinning water spray and removed it. Now there is a black plastic disk thing which i believe is where the water comes from to the bottom spin sprayer. I've looked for a repair manual on line with no good results. Not sure if I'm even on the right track to get at the drain. Would prefer to not have to completely remove the dishwasher. Not even sure if that would help me. I have a small drain tool I would like to run through the line from the dishwasher to the disposal if I could only get at it. Looking for someone with more than my limited knowledge to help me out. Am I chasing the wrong path? Please help. Wife is giving me the evil eye. Thanks.

check air gap beside faucet, may or may not have one.
Cujimmy  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 6, 2012 9:07:52 PM(UTC)
Cujimmy

I removed the waste hose from the garbage disposal. Wouldn't that provide air for the water that is sitting in the bottom of the washer? I ran the washer with it off and sitting in a bucket. No water left the washer by way of the hose and water started to leak from the front of the unit.
MkBrennanMD  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 2:32:32 PM(UTC)
MkBrennanMD

I had the same problem. The dishwasher would run, and at the end of the cycle there was water still inside the machine. I'm not an appliance expert, but I just went through some troubleshooting. You said you disconnected the hose from the sink to the bucket on the dishwasher. I did the same thing and took a video of doing it because apparently its a common problem. I think in your case, the hose isn't clogged between the sink and machine, but rather after the sink. If you have a food disposer, or even in the absence of it, I often found that accumulation of the machines byproducts became adherent after the hose-sink junction. I disconnected all of them, and it was clear that one part in the networking of the hoses was more prone to byproduct accumulation and clogging. The clog was white in color and tough. This stuff builds up over time, almost like someone's artery, and once clogged, your best bet is to throw it out, and get a new hose. Its a cheap solution, and is usually the cause. 30,000 ppl watched my video on dishwasher repair, and a lot of them reported the same issue and solution. My "how to" video on dishwasher repair may help. I used someone else's video when I approached this issue, and the videos helped... Here it is. Goodluck!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7uaA2NZKl0

Believe it or not, its not usually food clogging it up, but rather the soaps. Is your machine older than 2 yrs?
Cap5258  
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 30, 2017 3:54:19 PM(UTC)
Cap5258

I found my clog to be in the air vent from dishwasher to garbage disposal up near faucet... thanks this thread got me in the right direction so I wasn’t throwing out a fairly new dishwasher
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply