Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
this old house  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2008 5:43:40 AM(UTC)
this old house

Groups: Registered

I would like to fix this electric dryer. It runs great minus the fact that when we turn on the dryer it sounds like we are drying rocks instead of clothes. I think I would be able to fix this if I could narrow down the problem. I have read enough to know it could be rollers, idler pulley, glides, rear drum bearing or a blower wheel. Does anyone know where I should start or how I can pin point the problem? I'm a girl & this is my 1st attempt to fixing a dryer...so keep that in mind. :eek: Please & thanks! Di
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kooler  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2008 2:09:59 PM(UTC)
kooler

Groups: Senior Expert

Great to see someone not afraid of a challenge or getting their hands dirty.. Be sure to have your vacuum ready with the crevice attachment for a thorough lint cleaning and don't forget to inspect and clean the lint exhaust hose all the way to the outside of the house... This model is similar to the GE models so it would help to have a companion when removing and replacing the drum bearing... Usually that rocky sound means a worn idler pulley but since you're going to have it apart why not replace the drum bearing and belt... APPros has all the diagrams and parts for your model so any questions/procedures can be addressed by them... Good luck and as always be safe and disconnect power before attempting any repairs... cheers, kooler
this old house  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2008 5:59:15 PM(UTC)
this old house

Groups: Registered

Thank you Kooler! I have cleaned the lint & hose before but not all the way to outside. My dryer is in the basement & just assumed the lint would be at ground level. I will do that right away. I did see the diagrams & will definately use them. I figured if I could fix it myself for under $50, I would do it. Worse comes to worse my hubby has to go buy a new one...smile! Thanks again for taking the time & Kind regards, Di
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply