Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Registers on the forum or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BlueSapphire  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2012 7:52:27 AM(UTC)
BlueSapphire

Groups: Registered

:confused: We put a load of laundry in the washer, then a day or two later noticed the clothes were just sitting in it. It wouldn't agitate, spin or drain with the lid closed. The lid switch seemed to not be working. I pushed a pen in the lid switch and the washer began to spin and the water drained as long as I pushed it. When the water was drained, it stopped, so I released the pen. I thought I could rewash the clothes that had been sitting in it which smelled musty. Water fills without a problem but when I push the lid switch with the pen, nothing happens.
My questions are, was the lid switch broken already or did I do more damage? Does it sound like the lid swith is the only thing that needs replaced or is it likely that more parts will need replaced? I did see some videos on the Internet on how to replace the lid switch and we could possibly try it. Since the washing machine is 8 years old, not sure if we should just buy another one. Very confused!
Your advice will be appreciated!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.