Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
manxman  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 6, 2012 2:28:50 PM(UTC)
manxman

Groups: Registered

The freezer door water dispenser is constantly on. Only way to stop flow is to shut off the water supply in the basement. The lights on the front panel switch when pressed (water, crushed ice, Cubes), but water continues to flow out the dispenser. I don't know where the valve is that controls the water flow, but I assume it is stuck open. Is there a way to get at the valve to see if it is closing? At this point I don't know if there is any problem with the ice maker as I have to immediately shut off the water to prevent a flood. The paddle on the ice maker seems to work when pressed as the ice dispenser flap open OK.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 6, 2012 4:32:37 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

The water inlet valve is at the back of the fridge, just follow the water line. Pull of the plug from the red solenoid and if the water doesn't stop - replace the water valve

Part number: WR57X10032

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for General Electric GSS25JEMBBB Refrigerator | AppliancePartsPros.com

Thank you. Post the results.

Simon.
manxman  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 4:20:30 PM(UTC)
manxman

Originally Posted by: Simon / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Hi.

The water inlet valve is at the back of the fridge, just follow the water line. Pull of the plug from the red solenoid and if the water stops - replace the water valve

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for General Electric GSS25JEMBBB Refrigerator | AppliancePartsPros.com

Thank you. Post the results.

Simon.

Well I pulled the power from the red solenoid (water didn't stop) then I pull the power from the blue solenoid (water didn't stop) then I unplugged the refrigerator from the wall (water didn't stop). Your answer seemed to say that if the water stopped, then replace the inlet valve. So if it never stops is the valve good? I checked that power was present at the push on plugs (about 10vac). Before I order the valve, could you please clarify whether you think it is good or bad based on contineous water flow with power or without. Thanks.
Simon / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 9:33:18 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Hi.

Well, my bad. It's other way around. If the water doesn't stop - replace the water valve. My apologies.

Simon.
manxman  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 9:44:02 AM(UTC)
manxman

Hi.

Well, my bad. It's other way around. If the water doesn't stop - replace the water valve. My apologies.

Simon.

No problem Simon, and thanks for your help. I'll replace the valve and send feedback when it's done. Manxman..
Simon / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 10:07:43 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Good luck.

Simon.
manxman  
#7 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 12:58:23 PM(UTC)
manxman

Good luck.

Simon.

Well, the problem was the valve, works fine now. New problem is the leak from the 5/16" plastic tubing (small cracks) in the loop leading out of the water (blue) side of valve. I believe this goes to the water tank ( AP3188462) behind the crisper drawer, but the tank looks to have sealed tubing connections. Where does the tube from the valve connect to the tank tubing? Is there a 5/16" union somewhere like the one under the front door that feeds the door water dispenser? If so, I may only need to buy the plastic tubing (AP2065182) to make the repair. Hope you can enlighten me on how to proceed. Thanks. Manxman.
Simon / APP Team  
#8 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 2:23:04 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Hi.

Cut out the bad part of the tubing and replace it using the 5/16 union.

Simon.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply