Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dalgal29  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2012 7:06:29 PM(UTC)
dalgal29

Groups: Registered

Came home after 10-day vacation and none of the burners will spark. All can be ignited with a match. I think it might be the spark module, but I don't know where it is or how to get to it. This is a slide in stove. I am not sure that I can pull the stove out. Is is possible to get to the part without moving the stove? Where is the part located? Thanks for your help
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2012 5:07:35 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

Most likely the spark module is located in the bottom drawer compartment at the right side, behind the cover.

The spark module Part number: 8215557
dalgal29  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2012 6:36:41 PM(UTC)
dalgal29

Thank you for the reply. I will check this out and respond to this thread.
Simon / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2012 8:22:23 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Thank you.

Simon.
dalgal29  
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2012 5:36:24 PM(UTC)
dalgal29

I did find the spark module. It is not by the drawer. We took off the back of the stove, found a small door, traced the wires, removed the front corner tall white edge panel, removed the side panel and found the spark module attached to a bracket in this location.

Now comes my next problem...The module that I received is a direct replacement part. However, it has a different shape. I need to attach it to the bracket. In this link, WHIRLPOOL 8215557 Spark Module, AP4108240 | AppliancePartsPros.com, the new part has a snap in clip on the right side and a screw hole on the left. The original had snap in clips on both sides. This can be seen in the picture on the bottom left of the part diagram.

The mounting bracket (part number 22 in the diagram) has slits in it for the mounting clips, but there is no hole for the screw...How do I attached this new spark module when I have no screw hole? I could drill a screw hole, but the bracket is not long enough to reach. The diagram shows a bracket that looks exactly like the one I have. Additionally, the new bracket is out of stock so that is a 4 week wait. I have no stove to use right now. How do I attach the new module AP4108240 to the bracket? Can I use automotive double sticky tape? Will the tape melt? Do I attach it with tie-wraps in some way? Since the diagram of the new one looks like the old one, what do I need to do?
Simon / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2012 11:40:31 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Hi.

You may use the ties, that has been done before.

Simon.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply