Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
michaeljc70  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2012 7:19:29 AM(UTC)
michaeljc70

Groups: Registered

My igniters on the right side of my Viking stove (6 burners, grill) weren't clicking most of the time so I had to light the burners with a match. I swapped the spark module from the left side to the right side (left side worked fine). Igniters fired and I ordered a new spark module to put on the left side.

The problem is some burners won't stop clicking:
Burners are (G)rill (F)ront, (B)ack

Burner F works fine.
Burner B keeps clicking unless all burners on or just F is turned on
Burner G clicks unless all burners on

I swapped the igniter of back burner with a known working one and same thing. I looked at the wires for signs of wear, but they looked okay. I checked the ground on the spark module and the wiring and it looks okay. I swapped Front burners wire to the back burner, same issue.

Any ideas? Could it be the igniter switch? That is all I can think of. But seems unlikely 2 of them are bad.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.