Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mpickell  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2012 7:37:20 PM(UTC)
mpickell

Groups: Registered

I have a Kenmore Elite freezer-on-top refridgerator that is misbehaving right now and i'm not sure where to start.

Here are what i think i know right now from searching around.[LIST=1]
  • Freezer seems to be maybe keeping things cold. Some of the stuff is still frozen, but ice cream on the top shelf of the freezer was totally melted. Maybe it is staying cold just from the insulation and the ice in there?
  • The fridge is warm.
  • If i put my hand on the vents at the back of the fridge and freezer, I don't feel air flow. I thought i felt maybe a little in the fridge but it was hardly discernible.
  • When listening inside the freezer, it sounds like something is running, and that some liquid is circulating, but i don't know what those sounds could be.
  • I just emptied the drip tray which was at capacity. I don't think it was supposed to be so full.
  • I opened the panel at the bottom back of the fridge, the condenser is very hot to the touch, but the fan next to it wasn't running. I hit the fan blades with a screw driver and it started spinning and stayed on.
  • I am not sure how to check the coils, but i saw no signs of ice build-up anywhere i looked.
  • Settings inside are set to the suggested setting of "4" for both fridge and freezer. and it is plugged in...[/LIST]Any ideas? Anything else I should check?

thanks!
  • Sponsor
    See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.