Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
madhu_80  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 16, 2012 8:00:07 PM(UTC)
madhu_80

Groups: Registered

Hi

We bought a new house recently. The dishwasher leaks about 10-15 minutes after starting a normal cycle. The leak appears to be at the center of the bottom of the door, but it's hard to tell exactly where, as the leak is about 6 inches wide.

I have not run a full cycle yet with this dishwasher - as soon as the leak happens, I just turn off the dishwasher. I tried this twice, with the same results.

I have been searching on this site, and I'm not sure exactly what the problem could be - gaskets, sprayer, etc. How can I debug this issue further so that I can order the right part?

Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2012 2:15:27 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for Frigidaire FDB751SCS0 Frigidaire/dishwasher | AppliancePartsPros.com

It is pretty hard to troubleshoot.
If you click on a parts picture a new page will open often with a Q&A section which may help you as an example click on Item 49 in Section 2).

Check that the unit is level front to back.
Check that it empties out all the water.
Check the spray arm for cracks etc. and partially clogged holes.
Check the water level after the first fill and then again after the fill cycle just before it starts to leak.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
madhu_80  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 25, 2012 10:20:14 AM(UTC)
madhu_80

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for Frigidaire FDB751SCS0 Frigidaire/dishwasher | AppliancePartsPros.com

It is pretty hard to troubleshoot.
If you click on a parts picture a new page will open often with a Q&A section which may help you as an example click on Item 49 in Section 2).

Check that the unit is level front to back.
Check that it empties out all the water.
Check the spray arm for cracks etc. and partially clogged holes.
Check the water level after the first fill and then again after the fill cycle just before it starts to leak.

Thanks for the reply.

I checked that the unit is level, and that it empties out all the water at the end of a cycle.

It appears that the door is not sealing completely when it is closed. When I push the door, it appears to seal better. I can push the door about 3/4 of an inch. When I do this, the noise made by the dishwasher changes. It becomes significantly quieter - with no pressure on the door, I hear the fairly loud sound of water spraying. When I push the door in, the sound changes to a much softer hiss.

Second, I need to confirm this by running a couple more cycles, but it appears that the dishwasher leaks less when the door is pushed in all the way. I ran half a cycle holding the door pushed in, and it leaked a little. I ran the same half cycle without any pressure on the door, and I think the leakage was significantly more. I will try again by running two full cycles (with and without pressure on the door) and report back.

Third, I also see water on the control panel. It appears that the leak is not only at the bottom of the door, but also somewhere towards the top.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply