Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
stevo7fgg  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 9, 2012 6:04:16 AM(UTC)
stevo7fgg

Groups: Registered

A little under a year ago, the oven/range stopped heating. My wife was in the middle of cooking supper and using both the range and oven when both stopped heating. The display/speed bake fan/timer all still worked - in fact, everything appears to be working, but nothing will heat up at all. I read some posts on here to try to diagnose the problem, and after a couple of days researching was going to use a multimeter for the first time to try to diagnose. I verified the voltage at the outlet, and then plugged it in and turned on one of the burners to check continuity, but it worked! Everything worked as if nothing had happened and continued to do so until last night when it did the same thing. This morning it is working again. This time it was left plugged in and just rechecked it this morning to find it working. What could be causing this? Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2012 2:09:33 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here is the wiring diagram
http://manuals.frigidaire.com/p...pringfield/316441422.pdf

As you can see the stove top elements and the oven elements are basically separated in the unit so it sounds like there is a problem with the power going to the unit.

The display/speed bake fan/timer all use 120 volts (half the line L1 to Neutral) but the elements require the full line L1 to L2) so it sounds like you are loosing L2 voltage.

Turn off the breaker and check for poor/loose connections at the terminal strip in the unit and the wall receptacle.

IF OK then check the line (power) cord to the unit for continuity. Wiggle the prongs and cord a bit while doing this in case the problem is intermittent which it sounds like it is.

If OK check the power connections in the breaker box.

If OK I would replace the wall receptacle as that is the most likely culprit.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply