Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mbacko1  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 1, 2012 6:56:26 PM(UTC)
mbacko1

Groups: Registered

My Maytag Neptune TL FAV6800AWW gets stuck in wash at around 32 minutes and will not go to rinse. It doesn't matter what cycle I run. If I run a spin only cycle it gets stuck at 11 minutes but it successfully rotates the agitators and spins the drum. I'm not getting any errors.
Thank you Mike
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

mbacko1  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 1, 2012 7:03:58 PM(UTC)
mbacko1

It started getting noisier about 2 weeks ago when it moves the agitators. I can turn the drum CCW freely by hand, it moves about 1/2 inch CW when I turn it that way then stops.
mbacko1  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 1, 2012 7:09:35 PM(UTC)
mbacko1

Long story short, it does this in all cycles I try, diagnostics on the input and output of the board are good, I removed some foreign objects and it still happens.
mbacko1  
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 2, 2012 6:31:08 PM(UTC)
mbacko1

After calling a local repairman, it sounds like they are likely to replace the control board or clutch and seeing that the board is $300 and the clutch is $170 not including labor, I think I may just replace it unless someone has any hail mary ideas.
dh1200s  
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 3, 2012 5:42:55 AM(UTC)
dh1200s

Don't buy any parts until you drop the Clutch Pulley assembly out of the washer and inspect.

I feel your series FAV6800A is using the Upper One-Way Bearing ring mounted above the Clutch Pulley and that One-Way Upper Bearing ring is seized.

Let's test..........Open the washer lid and see if you can rotate the wash basket CCW the Spin direction and reply back.

The wash basket should rotate CCW in the Outer Tub bearings with very little resistance.

If that Upper One-Way bearing is seized the Wash basket will not rotate CCW.

You can follow this post to remove the Clutch Pulley Assembly Maytag Neptune load unbalance (UserPostedImage 1 2 3 ... Last Page) ......you can also type in dh1200S in the search box UserPostedImage and see all my DIY post for the FAV6800A and FAV9800A series machines. I'l try to help out if you want to DIY the fix and save the machine. I'm not a appliance repair tech just a tech in the Tele Comm ind. but have a lot of hands on with my FAV6800A's..........Dick
mbacko1  
#6 Posted : Sunday, June 3, 2012 6:53:57 AM(UTC)
mbacko1

I tried rotating it CCW and I can easily. If I try to move it CW it moves less than 1/2 inch
dh1200s  
#7 Posted : Sunday, June 3, 2012 9:31:01 AM(UTC)
dh1200s

Originally Posted by: mbacko1 Go to Quoted Post
It started getting noisier about 2 weeks ago when it moves the agitators. I can turn the drum CCW freely by hand, it moves about 1/2 inch CW when I turn it that way then stops.

Sorry you clearly stated in this post the questions I was asking.

In a spin only cycle or the spin cycle of the wash cycle the tumblers/agitators should only rotate a half turn or so as the large wrap spring in the Clutch Pulley comes under tension. Once that large wrap spring is at tension the tumbler movenet stops and the wash basket begins to spin CCW. The wash basket should never rotate CW.

I feel you have a Clutch Pulley problem at this point of troubleshooting with no errors to the LED console or no serious Outer Tub vibrations causing DC or UC unbalance errors I would need to remove the Clutch Pulley and inspect.

Yep the Clutch Pulley assembly has gone up in price. I picked up one four years ago for $51 delivered to the house.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply