Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
aandywasher  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2009 6:20:27 PM(UTC)
aandywasher

Groups: Registered

I have a maytag neptune washer and the bearings on the spinning tub are going out. I had an older unit that started giving me problems and a friend gave me this one becauss it was making bearing noises then. I salvaged parts from the old unit and replaced the whole tub assembly, this has worked for a couple of years but now the bearing is going again.
Since i dont have any old washers like this laying around i would like to replace the bearings if possible but the parts list only shows the whole tub assembly @ over 500.00 dollars its not feezible to replace but if i can getr and replace just the bearings it would be thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Frank / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2009 8:24:52 AM(UTC)
Frank / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Originally Posted by: aandywasher Go to Quoted Post
I have a maytag neptune washer and the bearings on the spinning tub are going out. I had an older unit that started giving me problems and a friend gave me this one becauss it was making bearing noises then. I salvaged parts from the old unit and replaced the whole tub assembly, this has worked for a couple of years but now the bearing is going again.
Since i dont have any old washers like this laying around i would like to replace the bearings if possible but the parts list only shows the whole tub assembly @ over 500.00 dollars its not feezible to replace but if i can getr and replace just the bearings it would be thanks!

The bearings were never made available, separately. They aren't a special bearing if you get what I'm suggesting. When you get them removed, take them down to a auto parts store, chances are you may get lucky.
denman  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2009 9:53:51 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here is a good link to a discussion on this
http://forum.appliancepartspros...hlight=richappy+bearings
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply