Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
techman_hou  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 26, 2012 4:03:32 PM(UTC)
techman_hou

Groups: Registered

The dryer will make a buzzing sound when start button is depressed. Most of the time it will spin and start, then all is fine. I've noticed increased frequency with the onset of warmer weather. I have had some luck in placing wet clothing on one of the baffels as to provide some gravity assistance to start the rotation.

Replaced belt, drum felt and rollers 6 mo ago. Will open cabinet up to see if any obvious binding from the previous repairs, but drum seems to spin with nominal manual effort.

Assuming the previous repairs are not an issue I would suspect the belt tensioner is siezing (has been making some squeels since putting on new belt)or the motor (or motor starter) is giving up.

Since the motor is the more expensive of these items is there a "hard start kit" available, or just suck it up and buy new motor? Any other options?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.