Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fordnutjm  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2009 7:57:28 PM(UTC)
fordnutjm

Groups: Registered

I have a GE side by side GSH22JFTEWW. It had the ice maker missing when I got it. I ordered a replacement ice maker, and the fill tube is a little short of reaching the cup. The replacement came with a tube. Is this tube to lengthen the origional tube? (if so I will have to cut it to fit as it is too long) Also, if that is what it is for, how does it stay on??

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Frank / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2009 7:48:04 AM(UTC)
Frank / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Originally Posted by: fordnutjm Go to Quoted Post
I have a GE side by side GSH22JFTEWW. It had the ice maker missing when I got it. I ordered a replacement ice maker, and the fill tube is a little short of reaching the cup. The replacement came with a tube. Is this tube to lengthen the origional tube? (if so I will have to cut it to fit as it is too long) Also, if that is what it is for, how does it stay on??

Without knowing what IM you installed, not sure my answer will be completely accurate. With that said, it's not uncommon for you to have to use the tube that comes with IM kits. As long as the tube you received slips over the existing tube, and fits snuggly, it's fine to cut it to the proper length. It should work fine for you.
fordnutjm  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2009 9:58:42 AM(UTC)
fordnutjm

Thanks for the reply. The unit I installed is WR30X10093. Also, the instructions says To remove the old stripper plate and use it one the new one. I'm not real sure what this is as I dont have the unit that I'm replacing. WR30X10093
Frank / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2009 10:38:55 AM(UTC)
Frank / APP Team

Thanks for the reply. The unit I installed is WR30X10093. Also, the instructions says To remove the old stripper plate and use it one the new one. I'm not real sure what this is as I dont have the unit that I'm replacing. WR30X10093

Well, I thought I was pretty familar with IM's, but I'm afraid I don't know the part "stripper plate", at least not by that name. If you have access to a scanner would it be possible for you to scan the instruction sheet and attach it to this thread? Maybe I can draw a conclusion for you.
fordnutjm  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2009 9:27:05 PM(UTC)
fordnutjm

Here it is (I HOPE) It is step 3.
fordnutjm attached the following image(s):
ge.jpg
Frank / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2009 4:16:19 AM(UTC)
Frank / APP Team

Here it is (I HOPE) It is step 3.

Well, I know now what the instructions are referring to. Thanks for sending a copy. Problem now is, without you having the old one to be able to make the transfer, you'll have to see what happens without using it. From what I can tell it appears that the old stripper made sure the ice actually made it into the bucket, as in acting like a guide. I don't see where it had anything to do with the fill tube, so extending it the way we spoke about should be ok.

Have you hooked it up yet to see what will happen using it the way it is?

I also noticed there is probably another part you're missing, that's the insert. Once again it looks like a piece that makes sure the ice actually lands in the bucket.

I know I haven't been much help, but don't know what else to suggest, considering those parts aren't available separtely. Maybe a local used appliance dealer may have a old one laying around they'd let you strip out.
fordnutjm  
#7 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2009 8:57:39 AM(UTC)
fordnutjm

Originally Posted by: Frank / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Well, I know now what the instructions are referring to. Thanks for sending a copy. Problem now is, without you having the old one to be able to make the transfer, you'll have to see what happens without using it. From what I can tell it appears that the old stripper made sure the ice actually made it into the bucket, as in acting like a guide. I don't see where it had anything to do with the fill tube, so extending it the way we spoke about should be ok.

Have you hooked it up yet to see what will happen using it the way it is?

I also noticed there is probably another part you're missing, that's the insert. Once again it looks like a piece that makes sure the ice actually lands in the bucket.

I know I haven't been much help, but don't know what else to suggest, considering those parts aren't available separtely. Maybe a local used appliance dealer may have a old one laying around they'd let you strip out.

I havent got it going yet, as I have to put in an RO and some other kitchen remodel things in the process. Its all setting here waiting to be installed. What is the insert that I need? Is there anyway I can get a part number for it??
Frank / APP Team  
#8 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2009 10:08:38 AM(UTC)
Frank / APP Team

I havent got it going yet, as I have to put in an RO and some other kitchen remodel things in the process. Its all setting here waiting to be installed. What is the insert that I need? Is there anyway I can get a part number for it??

There was a picture of it on the page you sent me. It wasn't available as a separate part.
fordnutjm  
#9 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2009 11:35:31 AM(UTC)
fordnutjm

I done a search on it, and it appears it is a
EAP297332: IM GUARDRAIL
Frank / APP Team  
#10 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2009 11:50:35 AM(UTC)
Frank / APP Team

I done a search on it, and it appears it is a
EAP297332: IM GUARDRAIL

Afraid I've put that number in a few sites I use and I can't get anything to come up. Usually a GE factory part number for refrigs start out with WR... something.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply