Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
9n1Ed  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 27, 2012 10:47:15 PM(UTC)
9n1Ed

Groups: Registered

My friend's washer acts as if the lid is up. The washer will fill with water, agitate for a bit, then idle for a few minutes, agitate again when it hits the next cycle, all while the timer still advances. The only thing it doesn't do is drain and spin dry. She says that this started happening after overloading the washer with a large comforter. She mentioned smelling a burning smell which led me to believe that the belt was bad. I examined the belt and it looks fine, and the agitator works, so I ruled the belt out.

All things point to the lid switch. Unfortunately I didn't have my multimeter with me to test it out. But I did remove the lid switch and jumped the wires by connecting the switch wires, orange and white/orange wire, with a heavy gauge wire. but the problem persisted. I don't know if I jumped it correctly. I just stuck the jump wire in the wire harness.

Until I can test the continuity of the switch and that power is running through the switch, what else could be the problem? Could she have broken the transmission by overloading the machine? What should I be looking for?

Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.