Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
debbielf  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2009 8:05:14 AM(UTC)
debbielf

Groups: Registered

The door lock light does not go on and my cloths come out soaking wet after the wash cycle is complete. I have to wring out my cloths before putting them in the dryer (a real drag).

Also when I put bleach in the dispenser it does not go into the wash, I have to put in a cup of water in order for it to go in. The fabric dispenser still works well.

Is this an easy fix, I really can't afford a new washing machine. Does any one know whats wrong and what part numbers I need to fix this.
Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2009 4:35:02 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

You have one of the most troubled machines ever made. That it is still working is a testament to your good luck.

Strange to say, the door lock mechanism , called a wax motor, can be the cause of your problems, and if not it is going to be the cause of problems in the future. You should change it out.

As far as the bleack dispensor is concerned, see if cleaning out the dispenser assembly and the line to the washe will help.

Here is the service manual.

Good luck.

http://www.servicematters.com/m...ibrary/docs/16010061.pdf
debbielf  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2009 5:52:37 PM(UTC)
debbielf

Groups: Registered

Thank you sooooo much, I really appreciate it. Do I need to replace the machine control board also? I really love my washing machine when it's working. It's been really great to me.
Thanks again
Debbie:)
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 4:13:15 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Hi Debbie

A failure of the wax motors usually results in a failure of the control board. Take a look at it and if you see any burnt areas or burnt resistors then you will have to replace it. If it looks ok, try just replacing the wax motors.

If that does not fix it, then you will probably have to replace the board. Replacing these parts is a very common activity with your model, but once it is done the machine should be just fine.

Also, now that you have the manual you can see how to take out the dispensor and check that.

Good luck, let us know how it turns out.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply