Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fsuglover  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2012 4:41:33 PM(UTC)
fsuglover

Groups: Registered

1 year ago we replaced the transmission on this washer because the seals were leaking transmission oil and it was getting oil on the clothes. Now we run into this.

At first I thought it was the motor, but after reading some previous posts on this forum I'm leaning in some other directions. But I wanted some input regarding my current findings.

A) The tub still drains and water is pumped out
B) The tub does not spin or even attempt to spin
C) There is no smell of burnt belt like it is trying to spin
D) The LED light above the motor is blinking 1 sec on 1 sec off (which I believe is normal, correct me if I'm wrong)
E) I have tried the "reset" thing by unplugging for 1-2 min then replugging in and opening and closing lid 10 times in first 12 seconds (Correct me if that is wrong)
F) I have opened the electrical line which contains the inline fuse and I'm wondering what is the next step to diagnose the issue

GE Profile Washer
Model: WPRE8150H1WT

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2012 5:22:44 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

The diagnosing light seems fine and the reset was correct, so it is not clear what the problem is. I would start by replacing the control unit, if you buy from this site and the part does not fix the problem you can return it.
fsuglover  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2012 6:26:59 PM(UTC)
fsuglover

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't just replace the control unit on this machine. It is 1 piece motor and all which is not my intention to replace at this time being it is so costly. Could it be the fuse? I have seen that mentioned a few times as being a culprit with GE machines. Any other ideas being that the control unit is one piece with the motor and is over $200.
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2012 4:17:49 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

I don't have a wiring diagram in front of me for this model but it sounds like power is getting to the motor and pump so I don't think the fuse is the problem. Go ahead and try it though as it is not an expensive part.

You are right about the motor/inverter, but here is the unit in the console I was thinking of.

Part number: AP4363005
fsuglover  
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 28, 2012 3:48:06 PM(UTC)
fsuglover

Good news, I think i may have figured it out. On the side of the tub there is a square box with a tube attached to it. That is the pressure valve for filling up and emptying of the tub. I removed it and blew it out and also let the box completely fill up with water (cleaning it out) then reattached it all. Tada! Worked like a charm.

The pressure valve was not releasing when the tub was emptying therefore telling the system not to spin yet. When I cleaned it out, you could actually hear the valve click and release then the spin would start.

Just an FYI incase someone was looking at this topic.
sidfink43  
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 28, 2012 5:14:31 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Interesting. Usually when that happens the machine will overflow (which is not a good thing)

Glad you got it fixed and thanks for updating us. It is very helpful.
coolhanduke  
#7 Posted : Sunday, April 29, 2012 1:14:19 PM(UTC)
coolhanduke

How did you remove the box on the side of the tub? Mine seems glued.
fsuglover  
#8 Posted : Sunday, April 29, 2012 3:57:09 PM(UTC)
fsuglover

Originally Posted by: coolhanduke Go to Quoted Post
How did you remove the box on the side of the tub? Mine seems glued.

You don't remove it, its part of the tub. Just remove the hose connected to top and vaccum or blow it out. With the hose disconnected I filled the tub which also fills that box (normally doesn't fill up) and I think that also helped clean it out.
coolhanduke  
#9 Posted : Sunday, April 29, 2012 8:37:56 PM(UTC)
coolhanduke

Originally Posted by: fsuglover Go to Quoted Post
You don't remove it, its part of the tub. Just remove the hose connected to top and vaccum or blow it out. With the hose disconnected I filled the tub which also fills that box (normally doesn't fill up) and I think that also helped clean it out.

Thanks for the clarification. Cheers!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply