Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mseaman  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2009 10:46:56 AM(UTC)
Mseaman

Groups: Registered

Refrigerator Model number PSS25MGMABB

There is no water going to the icemaker. Ice maker will not cycle and the green power light is flashing. The lines are not frozen and there is water going to the water dispenser. I have turned off the power to the icemaker for several days and when I turn it back on it remains solid green for about 10 - 15 min, then starts to flash again. Dont want to spend the money for new ice maker if it is not the problem.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Mark
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

applianceman  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2009 3:33:27 PM(UTC)
applianceman

The blinking light can either mean the ejector (the arm that turns out the iced) is stuck or the thermistor is out of range. You can’t buy the thermistor but you can check to see if something is blocking the ejector. If nothing is blocking the ejector you will need to replace the icemaker. GE Icemaker Repair Guide
Mseaman  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2009 1:34:05 PM(UTC)
Mseaman

applianceman, thanks for your response. I will check to see if there is something blocking the ejector. I have felt around that area (hard to when it is still installed in the freezer) but could not feel anything. Need to take it out to see better and if there is nothing wrong there..well at least I have it out to replace. thanks again applianceman.

Mark
Mseaman  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2009 3:22:56 PM(UTC)
Mseaman

Originally Posted by: applianceman Go to Quoted Post
The blinking light can either mean the ejector (the arm that turns out the iced) is stuck or the thermistor is out of range. You can’t buy the thermistor but you can check to see if something is blocking the ejector. If nothing is blocking the ejector you will need to replace the icemaker. GE Icemaker Repair Guide

I have gotten the ejector to cycle and water flows into the icemaker by following the GE Icemaker repair Guide . When it is time for the ejector cycle..it will get to the ice then it will not eject the ice. I shut it off..move the ejector back to postion, turn it off then back on and start the cycle it gets to the same place and stops..like it isn't strong enough to eject the ice. Could this be? and I need to replace it? Thanks for any advice you can give.

Mark
applianceman  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2009 4:45:21 PM(UTC)
applianceman

It is possible the motor is bad and is no longer strong enough to turn the ice out or the heater is not working. In any case you need to replace the icemaker.
Mseaman  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 2:39:31 PM(UTC)
Mseaman

Thanks for the reply. I wanted to get anothers opinion before I replaced the icemaker. Thanks again your replies have been very helpful. Have a good day.

Mark
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply