Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SB240  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2012 4:27:47 PM(UTC)
SB240

Groups: Registered

My washer locks up after it fills. The motor just hums. I tested the Capacitor and it reads within specs. Replaced the Brake and the cap, worked good for a week. When it begins to hum i turn the motor at the coupler in the agitate direction a couple of times (unplugged) and the machine begins to operate. it usually will work for a couple of days. There is no binding when i turn by hand in either direction.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2012 5:04:49 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

You have eliminated the most likely problems so I think the transmission is hanging up when it starts to operate.
SB240  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2012 6:18:13 PM(UTC)
SB240

Is there a way to check the tranny? I do not feel the transmission hang up when i turn the isolation coupling by hand.
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 6:02:54 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Try to observe what is happening when it is trying to agitate by taking off the cabinet and operating the machine. Be careful, don't get anytning caught while you have the cabinet off.
Tressa1  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 6:09:02 AM(UTC)
Tressa1

Did you check the belt? I had a ge washer that acted the same way it was the belt
SB240  
#6 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 6:39:26 PM(UTC)
SB240

sidfink43, I will look closer next time it locks up. The last time It locked up I Tilted a few inches spun the coupler and its good? Been running on low spin without troubles.
SB240  
#7 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 6:40:28 PM(UTC)
SB240

Tressa1- it is a direct drive, no belt.
Tanya Baust  
#8 Posted : Monday, April 2, 2012 10:50:39 AM(UTC)
Tanya Baust

[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']I just had Lowes haul off my 17 month old $700.00 Whirlpool WTW5600XWO Serial #C034338921 washer. It decided to stop spinning about two weeks ago. No error codes, no explanations, just quit! I called for service and after the servicer ran several diagnostics on the unit I was told that I was loading the machine wrong. I'm 55 years old and have been washing clothes for over 40 years but I took his advice and while he was there loaded the machine via his recommendations and while he was finishing up his paperwork the machine stopped again, it just quit when it got to the spin cycle. He then worked on the machine some more and said he found a wire that was "exposed" and another one loose so he repaired them and again began to leave. While he was preparing his paperwork, again I started another load and again before he left the machine quit! So he worked on it some more and told me that the issue was the lid latch and he would have to order a part. He came back two days later and replaced the lid latch but again the machine would not spin. Again even though the machine will not give an error code he says the controller board needs to be replaced and he will have to order the part and I am basically looking at a repair bill that is over $300.00 in addition to the $70.00 service call I have already paid. He did say I was not obligated to pay for the lid latch repair since it was not the real problem $169.00.[/FONT]
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply