Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
thatsthat9  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2012 8:22:41 AM(UTC)
thatsthat9

Groups: Registered

i got a temp control for my refrig. it doesnt really look just like mine but the part number is the one i ordered. (AP2061722) i am about to change the part even though it doesnt look exactly like mine. Just wondering is there any thing i should know before i attempt this task? Besides take part out put part in and pray.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2012 11:09:15 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: thatsthat9 Go to Quoted Post
i got a temp control for my refrig. it doesnt really look just like mine but the part number is the one i ordered. (AP2061722) i am about to change the part even though it doesnt look exactly like mine. Just wondering is there any thing i should know before i attempt this task? Besides take part out put part in and pray.

Thatsthat,
You'll be OK, you do have the correct part number
Part number: AP2061722

You're correct, it probably does not look like your original part. It was substituted by the manufacturer, a while back. Make sure you unplug the power cord or turn power off to the refrigerator, and make sure you install the temperature bulb the same as the original, and you'll be fine.

Thanks and Good Luck,
:) :) :)
thatsthat9  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2012 12:11:07 PM(UTC)
thatsthat9

t
Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Thatsthat,
You'll be OK, you do have the correct part number

You're correct, it probably does not look like your original part. It was substituted by the manufacturer, a while back. Make sure you unplug the power cord or turn power off to the refrigerator, and make sure you install the temperature bulb the same as the original, and you'll be fine.

Thanks and Good Luck,

temp bulb is this something i already have that i am taking out or what? is there more to this than i know. i can see the unit when i open the refrig. i am not sure what i am doing after that but i didnt think it could be to hard if i could see it. maybe a couple more screws right? then u come in an throw me with the temp bulb i never even thought of yet.LOL but u say i'll be alright. i hope your right
thatsthat9  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2012 12:17:25 PM(UTC)
thatsthat9

t
temp bulb is this something i already have that i am taking out or what? is there more to this than i know. i can see the unit when i open the refrig. i am not sure what i am doing after that but i didnt think it could be to hard if i could see it. maybe a couple more screws right? then u come in an throw me with the temp bulb i never even thought of yet.LOL but u say i'll be alright. i hope your right
are there directions anywhere or can i figure this i out?:eek:
Joe / APP Team  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2012 12:34:41 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

t

Thatsthat,
You're still going to be fine. The "temp bulb" is the silver wire looking device attached to the cold control. It's actually a fluid filled tube that activates and deactivates the control contacts when it reaches temperature or needs to cool. Remeber how it was routed and attached, and install the new temp bulb, exactly the same.
You'll do fine.
thatsthat9  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2012 7:57:17 PM(UTC)
thatsthat9

Thatsthat,
You're still going to be fine. The "temp bulb" is the silver wire looking device attached to the cold control. It's actually a fluid filled tube that activates and deactivates the control contacts when it reaches temperature or needs to cool. Remeber how it was routed and attached, and install the new temp bulb, exactly the same.
You'll do fine.

i unpluged the frig and opened the door to change the temp.control. got me a ladder so i could see what to do next. i thought my manual was going to show me a better picture on what needs to come apart. i checked youtube to see if they had something close to my frig. but their frig i think was older than mine. They took the hole plastic unit down. looked real easybut mine doesnt look that easy. do i have to take all my plastic parts down even though i see my part on the outside. i see one screw i could get to the other one must be on the other side which is going to be hard for me to get to. i 'm not sure if thats where i should start or not. I was hoping you could give me a little more of an idea on what screws are first and how many of them have to come out before i can replace it. then maybe i will be fine as u said earlier. i know i would be a lot closer to fine than i am now. :confused:
Joe / APP Team  
#7 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 6:32:23 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

i unpluged the frig and opened the door to change the temp.control. got me a ladder so i could see what to do next. i thought my manual was going to show me a better picture on what needs to come apart. i checked youtube to see if they had something close to my frig. but their frig i think was older than mine. They took the hole plastic unit down. looked real easybut mine doesnt look that easy. do i have to take all my plastic parts down even though i see my part on the outside. i see one screw i could get to the other one must be on the other side which is going to be hard for me to get to. i 'm not sure if thats where i should start or not. I was hoping you could give me a little more of an idea on what screws are first and how many of them have to come out before i can replace it. then maybe i will be fine as u said earlier. i know i would be a lot closer to fine than i am now. :confused:

Thatsthat,
It's a bit more involved than that. You're going to need to remove the control panel, filter, carefully, dismount the control levers and gears, It's going to get a little tight and crowded, but you'll do fine.
thatsthat9  
#8 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 8:00:37 AM(UTC)
thatsthat9

Thatsthat,
It's a bit more involved than that. You're going to need to remove the control panel, filter, carefully, dismount the control levers and gears, It's going to get a little tight and crowded, but you'll do fine.

:confused: Hello thank u for responding so quickly. The filter too ? its on the other side with the timer defrost. So even though after i take the first layer of plasticc off, where i can see the part, i still have to take the filter off and other plastic? Or once i see the part do i just take the 2 screws that hold it on out and go from there. Does GE have a picture of this or any one? Even though U keep saying i will be fine i still dont seem like i will be. I have to do this. I dont have money for a repair man. Heck it took me 4 months to get the part. So there is no turning back now. Any thing u can say to make this easier on me I would be most thankful. Thank U
Joe / APP Team  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2012 8:00:04 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

:confused: Hello thank u for responding so quickly. The filter too ? its on the other side with the timer defrost. So even though after i take the first layer of plasticc off, where i can see the part, i still have to take the filter off and other plastic? Or once i see the part do i just take the 2 screws that hold it on out and go from there. Does GE have a picture of this or any one? Even though U keep saying i will be fine i still dont seem like i will be. I have to do this. I dont have money for a repair man. Heck it took me 4 months to get the part. So there is no turning back now. Any thing u can say to make this easier on me I would be most thankful. Thank U

Thatsthat,
We're working on getting a service manual, so we can get as much information for you as possible. It's been pretty difficult, it can be when it comes to older units.

Thanks,
thatsthat9  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2012 8:31:40 AM(UTC)
thatsthat9

Thatsthat,
We're working on getting a service manual, so we can get as much information for you as possible. It's been pretty difficult, it can be when it comes to older units.

Thanks,

:) Oh that would be so wonderful. thank U. I will wait for your response.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply