Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Paul Keisling  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 7:38:23 AM(UTC)
Paul Keisling

Groups: Registered

I purchased the upright Frigidaire commerical frost free freezer used. The guy told me his mother bought it last year but she passed away and he has no use for it. I think I got taken! There is frost/ice buildup along the top inside of the freezer. I'm not sure if its just the gasket or something more serious. When I looked for the model and serial number (WB41119021) I noticed it said it was made in 2004 so it appears he lied about his mother buying it new last year.
When was this thing made and what suggestions as to whats wrong and how I can fix it?
Thanks, P.K.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 4:44:12 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Paul,

Defrost all buildups and check how good the door is sealing. Put a dollar bill between the door and frame and check how firm it stays.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for FRG FFU20IC8CW2 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
Paul Keisling  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 5:14:59 PM(UTC)
Paul Keisling

Hi Gene, thanks for the reply. I did try putting a dollar bill in the door today when I got home from work. I closed the door and the dollar bill slid out pretty darn easy. Door gasket?
Thanks again, Paul!
Paul Keisling  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 5:18:07 PM(UTC)
Paul Keisling

Gene communicating this way is still new to me. The bill stayed in place but when I pulled on it it slid out pretty easy.
Paul Keisling  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 5:52:36 PM(UTC)
Paul Keisling

Hi Gene sorry to bother you again but I wanted to make sure I'm giving you enough info and doing this right. The frost buildup is not on the gasket but the top inside of the door and the top inside of the freezer. Also the sides of the freezer are quite warm, almost hot. Is that just good insulation, not letting the cold out or is it a problem contributing to the frost buildup?
Gene  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 7:35:41 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Paul,

Try to warm up the door gasket, using a hair dryer, and reshape it to make it sealing better. After you've done close the door and tape it tight for a few hours.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply