Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RWSR  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 4, 2012 6:43:54 AM(UTC)
RWSR

Groups: Registered

My wife opened the fresh food door yesterday and heard a 'pop'. Reading online, it seems that the problem may be with the cam riser. Some comments say that the hinge pin/cam assembly should also be replaced. Is this correct? Also, can I just remove all of the items in the door shelves, support the weight of the door and replace these parts or does the whole door have to be removed?

When using the water dispenser, when you push a glass onto the switch bar it takes 15 - 20 seconds before you hear the solenoid noise (sounds like it is starting up - low to normal sound) and water starts to flow. It flows well so I know I don't have the frozen water line issue talked about. With help from online chat here, it seems the issue may be with part AP2071947. I found it on the parts diagram here but do not know where it is in the freezer door. Where do I look? Also, if it is behind the water/ice dispenser how do I get to it? I don't see any screws.

I'd like to purchase all of the parts I need at one time.

Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.