Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
yzhong  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2009 8:29:05 AM(UTC)
yzhong

Groups: Registered

Following Gene (Senior Expert APP Volunteer)’s procedure on the appliance parts pros forum on 2008-01-24, http://forum.appliancepartspros...3-no-heat-gas-dryer.html,. I worked on my Whirlpool Gas Dryer, Model Number LG9501XTN1, for run but no heat problem. I took out the 1st item, fuse (Whirlpool part # 3392519), it turned out to be broken (show infinity on my Ohmmeter). After I replaced it with a new one, the dryer still ran but no heat. I realized Gene did say “If the thermal fuse is blown – it has to be replaced together with the cycling thermostat”. So I took out the 2nd item, thermostat (Whirlpool part # 3387134). It had 4 connections, when cold, the top and bottom connections show continuity (0 Ohm), and the left and right connections showed 7.1 k Ohm. I was not sure whether it was blown. Anyway I still ordered a new one, which showed the similar, i.e. the top and bottom connections show continuity (0 Ohm), and the left and right connections showed 6.9 k Ohm. After I put the new thermostat in, the dryer still ran but no heat. I don’t know whether I should continue to check and replace the 3rd item (igniter, should it have continuity, i.e. 0 Ohm?), and 4th (Flame sensor), and 5th (gas valve coils)? Is it possible that when fuse and thermostat were blown, other parts (igniter, etc.) were also blown? Normally fuse is a protector, when it is blown, the other part are protected from blown, correct? Adam
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.