Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NVChickey  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2012 10:50:02 PM(UTC)
NVChickey

Groups: Registered

I have a Whirlpool Thin Twin Washer Dryer combo, Model # LTE5243DQ2, that the dryer will not heat up. I had this unit in my RV and it worked just fine. Then I sold the RV and moved the unit to my home, but along the way (trying to get it out of the RV) it got dropped. I have checked the Internal Bias Thermostat, the Thermal Fuse, the Heater Box Thermostat and the Heater Element for continuity and found them all to have continuity. I know nothing about appliances - but have been trying to do an exhaustive search of the internet for help on this matter. The drum turns just fine. There is no lint in the dryer at all - it has been taken totally apart trying to figure this out. I've checked the 220 wall plug to make sure it is wired correctly. I've gotten all the schematics and part numbers for the washer and dryer and tried to go though them to figure out what it may be. I am retired, on a limited income, and cannot contact a service person. I've been living without the dryer for the past three years - but would really like to get it working. The washer works just fine. Really like this unit. It fits in my home just perfectly. I bought a digital multimeter today and think I have it figured out. I've tried to test wires, the thermostats and the heating element with it - not absolutely positive I'm doing it right. So, any ideas as to where I can look now?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.