Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kyle  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2009 4:38:09 PM(UTC)
Kyle

Groups: Registered

Hello, I believe the water valve is leaking. It is dripping from the bottom of the valve, and the compression water line fitting on top is dry. I think I need water valve part# AP2071735. Two questions about installing it:
1. Can I just unscrew and re-use the existing compression fitting on the copper tubing water line coming in, or do I need a new compression fitting?
2. After I remove the out-to-the-icemaker water line on the other side of the valve, do I need any new fittings to install it into the new valve?

A related question:
Right now, there is a water filter installed in the fridge at the top rear. I read that this is the reason I've got hollow ice cubes and a slow water dispenser in the door. Do I need to get a filter bypass plug, part# AP2057571?

thanks,
Kyle
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

applianceman  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 2:55:04 PM(UTC)
applianceman

• Yes, you can just reuse the old compression fitting just make sure that is not where the leak is coming from.
  • You will not need any fittings for the new valve in fact you may have to remove the old fittings and just push the bare tube into the valve but wait for the new valve before you do so.
  • The filter by-pass is much better than a dirty filter. The dirty filter can be causing the problems you describe. However a new filter will be best. Hope this helps!
Refrigerator repair guide
manager3  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2009 8:54:43 AM(UTC)
manager3

applianceman, can you please talk to me about adjusting the hinges on a frigidaire range? door is open at top about 1/2 and I think there is a way to adjust springs to balance and have door close correctly. owldrive@gmail.com Thanks, Frank
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply