Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nunyaabidniss  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2012 4:07:33 PM(UTC)
nunyaabidniss

Groups: Registered

Hello all,
I have a GE GSD2220Z02BB dishwasher that has decided to stop functioning properly. It no longer cycles at all. I can turn on it, the motor will come on and it will try to clean, but no water comes in and if I fill it with a bucket to the point it should empty, it does not. I cleaned the float and it does not seem to have any issues there. The problem looks to be whatever tells the valve to let water in and the part that tells the pump to release the water. I had a repair person come take a look at it and I have also replaced the inlet valve. No dice with either. The repair guy told me he thought just off the top of his head that it could be the timer, I think it seemed like a logical guess, though I don't want to spend $65 + shipping only to find out I have wasted even more money. Any ideas? If you need more info, please let me know.
Thank you for your time.
-Rob

PS. It no longer opens the soap release either. Leading me to believe that if the timer is actually controlling all of these parts than that could be it.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.