Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pddudak  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2012 6:13:49 AM(UTC)
pddudak

Groups: Registered

The oven and broiler will not light. I push the Bake button and set the temperature, the display shows 100 degrees, then goes back to displaying the clock. The same for the broiler. The burners on the stove work fine. It would seem to me that the only thing that is common for the broiler and the oven would be the controller. The controller part number is AP4420158 and costs $220. Before ordering one I would like to have a pretty good idea that it will fix it. Anybody seen the controller go bad in this way?
Peter
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

pddudak  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 1, 2012 12:30:57 PM(UTC)
pddudak

Groups: Registered

I reseated the connectors on the controller board and the oven started working again. It only worked for a day or two. At least I knew I was looking in the right area. A new card is $265 if I bought it locally and $220 + SH if I did mail order. I decided that I would take a chance and look at the controller circuits themselves. I could see nothing particularly wrong with the cards but since I am an electrical engineer and am handy with a soldering iron, I thought that maybe the problem was a bad connection on the circuit card. I spent about an hour just going through all the solder joints and touching them up. everything now works. This fix is not for everyone, but if you have to spend the money for a new controller anyway, and you are proficient with a soldering iron, give it a try.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply