Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LWiechman  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2009 1:23:52 PM(UTC)
LWiechman

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I just received part Whirlpool 8181881 blue dryer knob for the Duet. It does not fit the dryer panel flush as the previous one did. Do I force it on the metal shaft control? It is plastic with a metal piece inside the knob and will turn the shaft but it is not secure. Help me please!
Thank you.

LW
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2009 6:18:38 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

I assume the old one just pulled off so your new one should slip on pretty easily. Check to make sure the metal insert from the old knob did not remain on your shaft.

If not, you may have a defective part in which case I would suggest you contact the vendor and ask them to replace it.

Good luck.
LWiechman  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2009 4:43:37 PM(UTC)
LWiechman

Thank you. The old knob broke apart in pieces at different times and I did not notice a metal piart but it could have been lost. I may have to contact them again. I have no idea how to contact the manufacturer but will attempt it, thanks again.

LW
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2009 4:59:50 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Check again to see if the metal band stayed on the shaft.

If not, I hate to suggest spending money but you may have to order another one. Here is the APP part

Part number: AP3128773
Part number: AP3128773

When you call in the order make sure you can return it if is not the right part or is defective.

Good luck
snoitan  
#5 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2010 2:39:04 PM(UTC)
snoitan

The old style knob had a sleeve in it that gives it the one flat side. The new knobs only have a pice of spring steel on the flat side. When the plastic part of the old knob breaks, the sleeve stays on the shaft. It's not easy to tell it's there. The side of the shaft is the same diameter all the way back, so if the diameter of your shaft seems to step up about 1/8 inch in from the end, the sleeve is still in place. Take the sleeve off and the new know should fit fine.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply