Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gerac  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2009 6:14:22 PM(UTC)
gerac

Groups: Registered

Machine stopped spinning drum in all cycles. Timer starts cycle, water loads, timer continues but no movement of the drum, water empties, timer continues, rinse water loads and empties, still no spinning or any movement at all, cycle ends. Tech made visit pulled the speed control board and said that was the problem (some components he said looked burned) he didn't voltmeter anything. I replaced the speed control board today with a new one, no change. I need some help...is there something i can test to determine next steps? (low tech here)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2009 1:38:03 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Pull the data sheet from the bottom of the washer, will need to remove kick panel to access. The data sheet has motor checkout procedure for measuring the three phase windings.
If the speed control board was overloaded by a faulty motor, you may have blown the new board!
Also, turn the spin basket and check for bad bearings, they can blow the speed control fuse.
Parts and labor can easily add up above the value of the washer.
Ruben Robles  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2009 5:23:32 PM(UTC)
Ruben Robles

Machine stopped spinning drum in all cycles. Timer starts cycle, water loads, timer continues but no movement of the drum, water empties, timer continues, rinse water loads and empties, still no spinning or any movement at all, cycle ends.
gerac  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2009 5:43:02 AM(UTC)
gerac

Pulled the sheet, on first test failed, meter reads Zero, directed to check the motor thermal cut out. Not sure where this is? Didn't direct me as to what to do. Is this something I can replace? Or does it indicate a problem with the motor? Can you help with next steps?
richappy  
#5 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2009 7:57:41 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
The motor thermal cutout is internal to the motor, but you can check it per the schematic, should show pin numbers for the motor. It should be zero ohms.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply