Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
savery  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2009 10:57:05 AM(UTC)
savery

Groups: Registered

About a year ago frost began to build up in ice dispenser chute in freezer door. It would get to the point that every 2-4 weeks I had to manually defrost the chute..dry it out ...and wait again for it to recur...Suspect problem is in ice door flapper (your part # AP3672582). I printed diagram of freezer door from your website...is this a simple/difficult replacement??
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

tammy hudson  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2009 10:24:01 AM(UTC)
tammy hudson

I was wondering if you managed to get this fixed? i have the same issue and am looking for advice on how to fix it!
savery  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2009 9:15:00 AM(UTC)
savery

Yes It was fixed by replacing rubber flapper at mouth of ice chute . It can be accessed by removing touch pad control panel on front of freezer door(I am assuming you have a G.E. ARTICA refrigerator). You push downward on bottom lip of panel and the top lip will then pop outward and it then rotates forward,exposing the ice chute and flapper door. The rubber flapper had become warped,allowing air/moisture to freeze inside the chute
MtMason  
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2011 5:18:22 PM(UTC)
MtMason

I put this up as I had the same problem and had a hard time finding a good step-by-step way to solve it:

1. Get the replacement stopper.
2. Unplug the unit.
3. Gently pry the frame from around the control panel and ice/water chute area. It's held on partly by plastic notches, partly by 2-sided tape-like adhesive. I used a flathead screwdriver to pry it, took my time so as not to damage any of the plastic notches.
4. Under the control panel on the front lip (but sort of above the ice chute) are 3 hard-to-see holes. I stuck a tiny screwdriver up there and jiggled it. It ended up freeing the bottom-front of the panel and I gently pulled it out and upward to free the whole panel.
5. Hold the panel carefully, pay attention to the wires at the top (so as to put it back in correctly when that time comes).
6. Unscrew the 4 screws.
7. Pull that box out, revealing the stopper.
8. Unclip the stopper and toss it.
9. Clip the new stopper unit in and then reseal everything.
10. Celebrate not wrecking your freezer in any permanent fashion.
dmackforu2  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 10:03:43 AM(UTC)
dmackforu2

Having an issue replacing the access door any suggestions?
docrings  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2013 7:55:08 PM(UTC)
docrings

Thanks for the tip!

Will give this a try (gasket replacement), and if that doesn't work, solenoid replacement.

Cheers!

:)
docrings  
#7 Posted : Sunday, September 15, 2013 11:15:42 AM(UTC)
docrings

Just finished this repair this weekend. Replaced the flapper valve, which was distorted and curled...which led to the frost buildup and clogging. I also replaced the solenoid which was super easy...not required but I bought the part anyway.

The tricky part is those three small holes that you use a tiny screwdriver to pry up and outward to help release the control panel. I took pics with my cellphone to make sue all wires went back properly.

Works like a charm...wish I'd done this two years ago! Lol.

Thanks for the tips.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply