Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Johne.  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2009 7:16:42 PM(UTC)
Johne.

Groups: Registered

I am replacing the glass on my microwave. The glass shattered when the oven, below, was put on clean. The double-back tape that held the glass onto the front panel was a real challenge to remove. I use paint stripper, lacquer thinner and finally a heat gun and a chisel. The last combo took a majority off. I then went back with the lacquer thinner and WD-40 which got the rest. What a mess! If I had known what a problem it would be, I would have just bought the whole panel assembled. Anyway I am at the point where I am ready to attach the new glass onto the stainless steel panel. Can someone help me on the proper adhesive? I have auto trim double-back tape, but I was wondering if silicon RTV would be better. I am not sure if the old bonding method was the cause of the problem or not. If anyone has a solution I would appreciate your input.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.