Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nickk678  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 9, 2012 3:05:45 PM(UTC)
nickk678

Groups: Registered

Hello all,

First and foremost, I have tried searching and found this problem all over the place for side by sides. Thermostat and dampers usually seem to be the culprit. However, for my situation, I can not find a diagnostic manual or any information as to how to approach the situation. The digital temp panel is set at the highest settings right now for both freezer (5F) and refrigerator (41F). Actual temperature in freezer is -12F, refrigerator is ~0F.

This has happened intermittently over the past couple years, but usually freezes once and then has no issues for a few months. This time, the freeze is on and hasn't stopped. Unit was manufactured in Jan 04.

My icemaker is also bad (IR emitter board is toast) and I was able to find a diagnostic procedure for that. Can't find one for this issue though.

UPDATE: Thermometer I used originally was busted - refrigerator actual temp is 0deg F and freezer is ~-12deg F. HELP!!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

nickk678  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2012 3:56:37 PM(UTC)
nickk678

Well the thermometers have settled overnight. Actual freezer temp -19F, fridge is -8F. Sound like thermostat? How do I replace if so?
nickk678  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2012 1:18:31 PM(UTC)
nickk678

Bump. Still need help! Fridge andfreezer are both at -5C!
richappy  
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 14, 2012 5:54:29 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert
Views messages in topic : 9,586

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
The fact that it happened before leads me to suspect the main power board has a arc welded relay. Go to www.Searspartsdirect.com and try to locate it, part # here is AP3603936. Either that or the fresh food thermistor, a small, thin item buried somwhere.
nickk678  
#5 Posted: : Saturday, January 14, 2012 7:08:50 AM(UTC)
nickk678

Is there anyway to diagnose if it is the board? I do not want to spend $250 on a board and have it not be the issue. At this point, should I have a repair guy come out? What do they typically cost to look at a fridge like this?
richappy  
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 14, 2012 7:49:32 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert
Views messages in topic : 9,586

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
You can also send the board back if it is not the problem, if you order it here.
Labor rates vary, when you call someone, just ask. Also, make sure the person is qualified to fix this item.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply