Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Inspector Gadget  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 6, 2012 3:12:50 PM(UTC)
Inspector Gadget

Groups: Registered

Own a Maytag Performa washing machine (PAVT454EWW) from 2004. Not a moment's trouble. Now a rat-a-tat noise when operating but it still works normally- except for the noise.

Here's a youtube video from someone w/a similar problem/noise: Maytag Performa washing machine noise 1 of 2 - YouTube

Got it apart and took out the water pump. How do I take apart the pump to check for bobby pins etc.? Thanks for any help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 8, 2012 4:57:45 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

The pump is really not made to be serviced. If you cannot dislodge something from the pump by poking it or shaking it or some other method you will have to replace it.
Inspector Gadget  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2012 11:56:45 AM(UTC)
Inspector Gadget

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
The pump is really not made to be serviced. If you cannot dislodge something from the pump by poking it or shaking it or some other method you will have to replace it.

Thank you for your reply. You are absolutely right. The water pump on these doesn't come apart.

It was the water pump that was bad. Bearings failed. I couldn't tell- but the serviceman I finally called, could. With my pump you could see the metal sleeve poking out and this "sleeve" was not even around the pullley (it wore a small gouge into the metal plate- which btw the new pumps don't have anymore- just the sheet metal screws).

New pump plus repairman's time was $156. But now I can do my laundry again- at home!
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2012 1:04:04 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Well that is a good price for he service call, part and installation and glad you got it going.

Good luck with your machine and thanks for updating us!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply