Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Greyh  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 5, 2012 11:31:46 AM(UTC)
Greyh

Groups: Registered

I have a Matag Ensignia, model# MAV8757AWQ that leaks on the spin cycle. Seems to only happen when the water level is set at "Super". The water seems to overflow out of the tub and then into the bottom of the machine and out to the floor. If I set the water lever to just under "Large" I don't see any leaks. I replaced the water level switch and the pressure tubing going to the switch. Also replaced the timer switch. Still have the problem. Could it be the tub seal? Please help! Many thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 6, 2012 4:54:40 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

If the water is leaking out the top it should not be the seals. Operate it with the front cover off and see what is happening.

The best solution might be to just operate it on large and not super. The water level switch may be out of whack, but your clothes will probably do just find on large even with a full load.
Greyh  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 7, 2012 7:01:19 AM(UTC)
Greyh

I no longer think it is the water level since it only happens on spin cycle when the water is draining out. I took the front pannel off as you suggested and found water around the pump. Looks like the pump may be leaking when its in operation. I'll try replacing it and see what happens. Thanks for the reply!
Greyh  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2012 5:51:53 PM(UTC)
Greyh

Ok, I had two leaks. I fixed the water pump leak but the washer still swishes the water over the tub if set above Large Load. I repalced the water level switch but it still does this. The water flows into the white overflow ring but its too much water to handle and it ends up on the floor. I have replaced all the water devices, level switch, water pump, top plastic ring with seal. Nothing has helped. Any ideas? Just setting on Large and not Super seems like a band-aid fix. There must be a better solution.
sidfink43  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2012 8:46:12 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Well you are right, just setting it on a lower setting does not fix things, but it does not cost money either.

There could be several things wrong. One of the most likely is that the water valves are not closing fast enough and letting in too much water. This can either be a valve problem or a timer problem. Unfortunately you will have to change out the parts to be certain.

If you buy from this site and the part does not fix the problem you can return it.

Good luck.
Greyh  
#6 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2012 6:52:05 AM(UTC)
Greyh

:confused: Many thanks for your reply! My fault but I forgot to mention I already replaced the water valve, the water level switch and the timer. Here's what I see when I watch it with the top off... the spinner almost seems to be spinning the load too fast so the water level rises too high on the sides, gets up under the white tub ring, fills up the overflow ring and then the water just pours over the top. This is now happening even at a Large Load setting. I can get it to calm down by setting it on gentle cycle but that does not clean the clothes as well. I'm pulling my hair out on this one. I'd buy a new machine but my wife wants to keep this one because the newer ones are not that good thanks to our government sticking their nose into this space.
sidfink43  
#7 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2012 7:03:05 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Okay, you have justification to be frustrated. Your problem can be a transmission problem or a motor problem, that for some reason it is spinning to fast.

Unfortunately this problably means you are going to be purchasing a new machine in the future, because if it is that kind of problem it will ultimately cause the machine to fail.

If you buy a basic top loader, with no electronics you will be getting the same machine you would have bought a decade or more ago, and a great value and a very fine working product. I suggest you go ahead and do so, in our area you can get them for $325.00 or less, sometimes a lot less.
Greyh  
#8 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2012 5:09:40 AM(UTC)
Greyh

OK you are right, time for a new machine...can you tell me what machines work just like the Maytag Ensgnia? Also any machines we should stay away from? It seems all the top loaders do not have agitators and people complain about clothes getting knotted up in the bins. The front loaders dont use enough water to clean clothes properly...so whats left??? BTW I have looked at the Fisher Paykels and the reviews on those are also terrible in terms of quality, expensive parts, break downs etc.
sidfink43  
#9 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2012 8:16:51 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

I strongly recommend a basic top loader, with an agitator and absolutely no electronics, all mechanical controls. The basic Maytag, Whirlpool, Estate, Admiral and Ingles will do just fine, as will the GE and Frigidaire.

You will pay less than any other machine, have less repairs, the repairs you do have will be less expensive and they will work just as well as the more expensive models. About $300 to $350 in big box stores near us.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply