Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
POKLET  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2009 3:53:00 AM(UTC)
POKLET

Groups: Registered

Hi all,

So my fridge all the sudden died last wednesday. The lights would all come on and the fans were still going but it was almost room temperature hot. A contractor came and said I needed to a new muthaboard in it. So I got that.. Now the freezer is only getting down to about 40 degrees F, same for the Fridge. I took off the back panel inside the freezer and there was very little ice build up on the coils. Only the bottom 2 coils had some (clear ice). So that is now gone. But the temperature issue remains bad. I can hear the compressor thing click on as soon as I plugged in the fridge. And the exaust fan in the back comes on to occasionally. Also the fan inside the freezer works and is blowing cold air, its just not nearly cold enough. There is no air circulation that I can feel/hear inside the fridge. Anyway, the current temps are. Fridge 42F, Freezer 39F. Any ideas what to do next? This fridge is pretty expensive so I'd like to try and save it instead of throwing it away. btw the condensor thing gets very hot so it seems to be working well, and there isnt really much dust at all under the fridge. A tech is coming back today but I don't expect much help other than him trying to sell me another part.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.