Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kizzy  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 5, 2009 5:41:48 AM(UTC)
kizzy

Groups: Registered

I have a Jenn-air stove. Since we've owned the stove, the bottom buttons on the touchpad haven't worked.
I cleaned the oven several days ago and then yesterday the oven started beeping and I got an f1-7 error. As suggested in other posts, I checked the ribbon and it seems connected (to the untrained eye). Other posts have suggested replacing the entire touchpad. Isn't there a part I can replace?
Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Dan O.  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 5, 2009 12:04:38 PM(UTC)
Dan O.

Groups: Senior Expert

Quote:
I got an F1-7 error

That is suppose to mean the electronic control 'thinks' the control keypad is not connected.

Quote:
I checked the ribbon and it seems connected

If it really is connected securely and making good contact, than there may be a problem in the control keypad or the part of the electronic control that detects the keyboard connection. In the first case the control panel would need to be replaced to correct the condition, in the second, the electronic control.

LINK > Jenn-Air JDS9860AAB Control Panel, Black

LINK > Jenn-Air JDS9860AAB Electronic Control

I would think the control panel or its connection might be most suspect though.

Have you tried disconnecting power from the appliance for a minute or two to see if maybe the control would reset?

Dan O.
www.Appliance411.com
The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~
Skip Laubach  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2009 8:34:42 AM(UTC)
Skip Laubach

I have the exact symptoms as well. Dan O., thanks for your succinct reply (best I've seen after roaming several forums). You say the likelihood is that the control panel ($203) is suspect, but that it may be the electronic controller ($193).

My oven (2001 vintage - JES9860AAB) lost its lower row of numbers about two years ago. Then just last night, the oven started beeping (F-7 fault code). I did turn off the breaker (2 hours) and turned it back on. The beeping was a bit less, but persistent as ever.

With these symptoms, would the odds remain the same that it is the control panel, not the electronic controller. Is there any analysis that can be done to determine the root cause?

Thanks,

Skip
Dan O.  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2009 10:32:17 AM(UTC)
Dan O.

Groups: Senior Expert

Quote:
would the odds remain the same that it is the control panel, not the electronic controller.

If part(s) of the display are not lighting up, a defective electronic control should be 100% the cause of that symptom. There should be no external factors that could influence its functioning in that manor.

LINK > Jenn-Air JES9860AAB Electronic Control

An F7 error message is suppose to indicate a 'stuck' keyboard key but there may be a (very) *slim* chance of a problem where it connects to the electronic control or a problem in the electronic control itself.

LINK > Jenn-Air JES9860AAB Control Panel

Quote:
Is there any analysis that can be done to determine the root cause?

It is sometimes possible to disconnect the keypad from the electronic control to see if the fault code continued or not. If the fault code WAS still present even while the keyboard was disconnected from the control, a problem in the control might be possible. If the fault code did NOT return while the keyboard was disconnected, it would point to the keyboard as the most likely cause, usually requiring the control panel to be replaced.

JMO

Dan O.
www.Appliance411.com
The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~
Skip Laubach  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2009 1:16:07 PM(UTC)
Skip Laubach

Dan O., thanks I'll give your recommendation a try tonight. I did order the control panel today from this site.

Skip
gne_norris  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2009 12:46:35 PM(UTC)
gne_norris

I've had my Jenn-air (Jgs8750adb) for 3 years and have needed to replace the control panel 3 times. I was told that it is caused by heat .... note: control panel is just above the oven door! Now they are telling me that the part is not available and for $278, they will install a replacement stove. I've spent $675 already on repair costs (labor not included in warranty) so now I'll be $950 over what I shelled out when I bought this piece of junk in 2006! My choice is to shell out $278 more or go out and buy a stove for $500 or more. This range should have been recalled.
racer4u  
#7 Posted : Sunday, July 11, 2010 11:26:17 AM(UTC)
racer4u

I had an f7 error code on my Jenn Air M/N SCE30600B, which indicates a short in the touch pad. I found that pot had boiled over and water found its way to the ribbon cable connection for the touch pad where it connects to the control board. I removed the ribbon from the connector and used contact cleaner to clean the ribbon and the ribbon connector and this fixed the problem.
birdbox  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2011 7:09:51 PM(UTC)
birdbox

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have the same problem, the lower numbers on the touchpad do not work. However, other than this problem the oven works just fine. It has never displayed a fault code. I would like to replace just the capacitor, resistor, ribbon cable, ect.. that is the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions on what component is likely to fail and cause the lower numbers only on the touch pad to become inoperable?
Cornichon  
#9 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2012 4:50:46 AM(UTC)
Cornichon

I have an F1-7 error message on my Jenn-Air drop in range (2005 gas stovetop/electric oven), but my touch pad and my clock are working perfectly. my problem is that after the oven or burners run for awhile (started with the oven), I get the beeping and the error code and, if on, the oven (electric) shuts off. I have to hit the breaker to stop the beeping.

After a rest period, i can try it again but the error and beeping recur before i can bake anything.

Any suggestions for cause/repair options? Many thanks.
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 17, 2023 10:58:41 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
It’s going to the curb. It’s failed twice and this third time, it’s not worth fixing it. Will never ever buy or recommend a JENN AIR (s/b called a JENN Error) again.

Edited by user Thursday, August 17, 2023 11:00:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Spelling

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply