Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Endicott  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2011 4:50:04 AM(UTC)
Endicott

Groups: Registered

Parts of the display panel do not work. The left side of the panel does not light up (the light" ,"time" and "off" buttons dont work). We can turn the oven on, but we have to go to the garade and turn the breaker switch off to turn off the oven. I suspect that the control board needs too be replaced or some contact is loose.

Can you please tell me how I can get access to the control board and test and replace the control/display board?

Thank you in advance,

Endicott
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ramblinche81  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 31, 2011 8:30:58 PM(UTC)
ramblinche81

Originally Posted by: Endicott Go to Quoted Post
Parts of the display panel do not work. The left side of the panel does not light up (the light" ,"time" and "off" buttons dont work). We can turn the oven on, but we have to go to the garade and turn the breaker switch off to turn off the oven. I suspect that the control board needs too be replaced or some contact is loose.

Can you please tell me how I can get access to the control board and test and replace the control/display board?

Thank you in advance,

Endicott

Below is removal instruction.

Your model number didn't show up for parts/schematics to reference.

That said, most systems have similar access points.

First, disconnect power supply, it can and will kill you if you try to access service area with power connected and you ground yourself while contacting a hot lead.

FOR DOUBLE OVEN=======================================
IF, your model is a wall double oven which is one large assembly, start by removing doors then removing racks.

Verify you fully turned off power.

Then remove trim peices along the vertical sides and at the base.

At this stage, you should be able to slide oven out of wall opening part way and see the control panel retaining screws/brackets etc.

TAKE PICTURES BEFORE YOU DISCONNECT WIRING HARNESSES.
=====================================================

For range==============================================
Verify you turned off power supply.

slide unit out of countertop area. Access to control is usually from the back side.

Some brands, the side cover plates of the control panel riser are removed from the sides, then the control riser rotates forward exposing the internals.
======================================================
Endicott  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 1, 2012 7:34:10 AM(UTC)
Endicott

Thank you very much for the relpy and the infromation on the precautions needed. I think this repair is best done by a professional such as yourself. We live in western Pennsylvaniaand will contact the dealer for about the repair.

Thanks again for your very heplful reply.

Endicott

Originally Posted by: ramblinche81 Go to Quoted Post
Below is removal instruction.

Your model number didn't show up for parts/schematics to reference.

That said, most systems have similar access points.

First, disconnect power supply, it can and will kill you if you try to access service area with power connected and you ground yourself while contacting a hot lead.

FOR DOUBLE OVEN=======================================
IF, your model is a wall double oven which is one large assembly, start by removing doors then removing racks.

Verify you fully turned off power.

Then remove trim peices along the vertical sides and at the base.

At this stage, you should be able to slide oven out of wall opening part way and see the control panel retaining screws/brackets etc.

TAKE PICTURES BEFORE YOU DISCONNECT WIRING HARNESSES.
=====================================================

For range==============================================
Verify you turned off power supply.

slide unit out of countertop area. Access to control is usually from the back side.

Some brands, the side cover plates of the control panel riser are removed from the sides, then the control riser rotates forward exposing the internals.
======================================================
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply