Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MiniDrivr  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2011 1:41:11 PM(UTC)
MiniDrivr

Groups: Registered

MFG# PARS8265BS1

Two month ago I noticed ice sheets inside the door of my freezer. Water had been running down out of the ice bin, along one of the door panels and freezing there. I tracked down the leak to be from the funnel the water line drains into that feeds the ice maker. The funnel was solid full of ice. I de-iced it and monitored it closely for the next month. No ice in the funnel and it was functioning properly, making and dispensing ice as normal. Today again I find ice sheets and the funnel is solid with ice. Water flowing into the ice maker flows out of the funnel and into the ice storage below.

What's causing the ice to build up there? I've replaced the primary water valve twice since buying the frig due to leaks between the plastic housing of the valve and the metal fitting the water line connects to (line from the wall). Does the secondary valve control how much water it lets into the ice machine? If it's not shutting off at the proper time would it cause the ice in the funnel? It's never been replaced. I think it's part number AP4009555.

Thank you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Jeff / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2011 11:50:50 PM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Hello Minidrivr. Yes, the secondary valve supplies the ice maker. Based on the information you provided, it sounds like the valve is bad and will need to be replaced. Hope this helps.

Part number: AP4009555
MiniDrivr  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2011 8:01:35 AM(UTC)
MiniDrivr

Thanks Jeff! I'll order the valve today.
MiniDrivr  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 21, 2011 11:11:49 PM(UTC)
MiniDrivr

New valve installed and working fine. So far so good.

The old valve used a threaded fitting on the intake water line. The new one used a push on fitting like the output lines. If one of these fittings is seeping water, how do you seal them? Can the line be removed and reinserted? I made sure they were fully seated but the intake line is leaking slightly. Which unfortunately when it drips it's right on top of the electrical connection for the primary water valve.
Jeff / APP Team  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2011 9:24:21 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Hello. Yes, you will press down on the plastic fitting and pull the line out of the valve. Take a knife and make a clean cut past where the nut was on the line. Then push the line back into the valve. This should repair the leak. Hope this helps.
MiniDrivr  
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2011 3:43:25 PM(UTC)
MiniDrivr

I made new clean cuts but I'll try a new cut again when I get the hose out of the fitting.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply