Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PAKMAN  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2007 5:00:58 PM(UTC)
PAKMAN

Groups: Registered

I have a frezer on top of my frig. The frezer seems to be fine. I have water dripping from a housing in the upper back of my frig. It is not constent but it is frequently. I recently moved my frig to lay down new tile. I do not use the water tubing for the icemaker. No apparent damage was done during the moving of the frig. The dripping started about a week after I moved the frig back. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you. PAKMAN
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

misterfixall  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2007 5:55:30 PM(UTC)
misterfixall

Groups: Senior Expert

sounds like the drain trough is blocked .you will have to acess the feezer coils behind freezer back cover .you will probably see lot of ice ,like a skating rink .that ice willhave to be carefully removed the use a hair dryer to defrost drain hole , this will take quite awhile . if you can turn off fridge over night and let it defrost on its own.then i use an air compressor ,locate drain hole indrain trough +and blow out drain under pressure to clear any blockage . then pour water in hole till i hear it running into drain pan at back of fridge behind panel.if you have a shop vac ,use it to remove water from pan
PAKMAN  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2007 5:19:05 PM(UTC)
PAKMAN

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: misterfixall Go to Quoted Post
sounds like the drain trough is blocked .you will have to acess the feezer coils behind freezer back cover .you will probably see lot of ice ,like a skating rink .that ice willhave to be carefully removed the use a hair dryer to defrost drain hole , this will take quite awhile . if you can turn off fridge over night and let it defrost on its own.then i use an air compressor ,locate drain hole indrain trough +and blow out drain under pressure to clear any blockage . then pour water in hole till i hear it running into drain pan at back of fridge behind panel.if you have a shop vac ,use it to remove water from pan

I do not have an air compressor and I would be interested in some sort of diagram if available. when you say "acess the feezer coils behind freezer back cover" do you mean a back cover from the inside of the freezer or the back cover from the back of the frig? thanks for your assistance, PAKMAN.
misterfixall  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2007 5:58:07 PM(UTC)
misterfixall

i have no diagram. acess from inside freezer back panel
richappy  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2007 2:13:40 AM(UTC)
richappy

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
This will take forever. Just remove the back freezer panel and locate the drain hole under the evaporator coils, will be frozen over.
Boil some water and pump it in the drain hole with a turkey baster. Suck out the now cold water, then repeat pumping in hot water till the drain runs free.
Measure the back wall freezer temperature when done, if super cold, like zero or below, adjust your freezer control till it's higher.
Also, you can wrap a thick copper or aluminum wire around the defrost heater and then down the drain. This should solve your problem.
misterfixall  
#6 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2007 12:09:42 PM(UTC)
misterfixall

why did this blockage occur in first place ,water itself woud not cause blockage , important to blow out drain ,in my area calcification due to hard water can build up in drain.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply