Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
R. Holloway  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2009 8:58:02 PM(UTC)
R. Holloway

Groups: Registered

How do I raise the top surface to my washing machine. Older models have spring clips on the left and right front corners of the washer. Unfortunately this machine does not have such spring clips. I have a residue build up around the top of washing tub. Bits of fabric softner and other contaminates are coming off in bits and getting on my clothes that are being washed. So, I need to raise that lid so I can get rid of the softner residue. While I'm talking to you; what is the best way to rid myself of this residue? I do intend to scrape this build up away but I suspect you might know other methods of cleaning that may be more thorough and possibly less labor intensive. Thanks for your help. RH
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 21, 2009 5:32:08 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Hi

The top does not come off, the cabinet, except for the back will come off.

You will take out the two screws holding the console to the cabinet and flip the console back, you can access two clips that hold the cabinet on. Disconnect the lid switch plastic coupling, and use a screwdriver to take out the cliips. Then pull the cabinet towards you and it will come off, exposing the parts you need to clean.

I think you will be able to clean the area with little trouble. If you want to use a special washer cleaner search the web and you will find several tht should meet your needs. I have not used any so I cannot give you a recommendation.

Good luck, let us know if you need additional help.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply