Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
oakland1000  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 9, 2011 1:00:39 PM(UTC)
oakland1000

Groups: Registered

I have an older Amana dishwasher that leaks from the area above the motor/pump assembly area. Are there seals up there that have to be replaced?

How do I get at them? Do I have remove the motor/pump assembly? Do I have to approach it from the top?

Is there an exploded view of the parts so I can see what is going on?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 9, 2011 2:41:37 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
What is the complete model number of the dishwasher?

Gene.
oakland1000  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2011 4:54:21 PM(UTC)
oakland1000

I made a mistake. It's a HOTPOINT dishwasher built in 2005. The Model no. is HDA3400G02CC Serial no. is TH804 0584

I'm thinking of just taking off the metal shield that sits above the motor and pump area to see where the leakage is coming from. I suspect it's a bearing of some sort so I probably will have to take the washer arms off and see whether something has deteriorated. Any other ideas to make this simple and fast?
Gene  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 2:07:00 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Sorry for the delay.

Remove the bottom access panel and check the area where the motor connected to the pump body. Such dishwashers usually leaking because of a broken seal (#417 on the diagram).

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for General Electric HDA3400G02CC Dishwasher | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
oakland1000  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 5:03:31 PM(UTC)
oakland1000

Thanks, Gene,

I'll try to take a look at the part to see if that is ultimately where the water is leaking from. But, I previously watched the leaking and the water appeared to come from above the metal shield hung above the pump and motor. That is why I suspected that it was either a cracked tub, or a leakage from where the spray arm protrudes through the tub. I couldn't tell because the metal shield/plate concealed the tub area above the motor/pump.

Over the next few days, I'll go under and observe where the water is coming from and get back to you. Thanks for suggesting the pump drain seal -- I'll check it out.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply