Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
username6454  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2009 1:59:59 PM(UTC)
username6454

Groups: Registered

Hi,
I have a stackable "Laundry Center" by Kenmore. The Dryer Lid/Door Switch Kit (part 279347) needs to be replaced. I was trying to open the front so I mistakenly unscrewed the switch and it fell into the dryer. Now I can't get it back out and it the pieces have fallen to the bottom of the dryer. I also can't get the front off. I don't know if it comes off, but I have already taken the back and top of the dryer off. There are actually two switches on the door, and it's the switch with part number 279347 that fell into the dryer front. Thank you so much!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2009 12:18:41 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Ok, put the back and top on, I don't think you will need to take them off to do what you want.

There are four steps to taking off the front.

1. Remove the transition panel (that's above the washer lid) by taking out the three screws that hold it.

2. Take off the toe panel below the dryer door by inserting a putty knife at the top of it at the ends to unsnap the clips.

3. Unscrew the console, unhook the door switch harness and flip the console back onto the top of the machine.

You can now take off the front by

4. taking out the top screws, taking out the bottom screws, taking out the lint screen and taking out 3 screws to remove the lint duct, and taking out the screws that hold the heater element shield and remove it,

and then you should be all set.

Let us know how it turns out and if you have any other questions.

Good luck on your switch replacement.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply