Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jhanson-302  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2009 9:46:46 PM(UTC)
jhanson-302

Groups: Registered

Our machine is a Kenmore branded version of the Frigidaire front loader clothes washer. Purchased in 2001. Worked flawlessly until 2008 when I replaced water drain pump. In April 2009 replaced back half of tub to replace bearings and seal w/ new unit from AppliancePartsPro.com. Worked great for a couple of weeks and now will not spin. Agitates fine and pumps out the water, just no spin. During the spin cycle the drum does the slow back and forth as if preparing to spin, but then cycles off. Took to the local repair shop and they thought it was the motor control board, but would be "very expensive". Did not repair and brought it back home and ordered the part ourselves from appliancepartspro. Part came in today and put it on - still no spin. Old motor control board actually looks very good and the fuse is good (ohmed out fine). Motor runs great and is quiet and smooth. Machine is very clean (and my wife uses the heck out of it every day). I need some help here - what can I do to make this machine spin the way it should? The wife is getting very anxious... Thanks for your help. :confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

TechnicianBrian  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2009 5:30:44 AM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

Groups: Senior Expert

Check out my post Frigidaire Washer Won't Spin and see if yours is doing the same thing. A little easier to replace and a whole lot cheaper than a motor controller.
monkeyWrench  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 7, 2011 12:59:04 PM(UTC)
monkeyWrench

Groups: Registered

I have a Kenmore 417.44052400 (made by Frigadair). Like you, it would tumble/agitate fine. During the spin cycle the drain pump would start, as normal, but the high-speed spin wouldn't occur. Then, after the normal high-speed spin, there would be 7 short slow 1+ revolution spins (as normally occurs after high speed spin). Then the panel would beep at me indicating the load was complete--and the clothes would be still completely wet. Per technicianBrian's link I did some troubleshooting on the door latch/switch assembly. In my case, the wax motor resistance was ok (1.6kohms). I opened the switch so I could see how the wax motor was working. I connected the wax motor leads directly to 120VAC (careful! Used old appliance plug, stripped leads wrapped around wax motor contacts, made sure no strands shorting, then wrapped contacts with electrical tape for better contact and safety). The wax motor actuator started moving after 60 seconds or so after power applied. I realized I'd need to hold down the large metal armed pulled down by the door latch solenoid to allow the wax motor secondary actuator to work. Still the wax motor actuated contacts wouldn't close. I needed to adjust (slightly bend) the farthest contacts spring so it would contact sooner. It took a few tries because after removing power and waiting a couple minutes for wax motor to cool, the fully retracted position wasn't allowing the contacts to open again. After I cot the adjustment correct I put the switch back together and reinstalled. The spin cycle worked again!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply