Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
storm965  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2011 5:14:59 AM(UTC)
storm965

Groups: Registered

I have seen this posted 2x with no response. :confused: My oven must be turned off from the power source because the broiler kicks on and then we receive the F2 error which means oven is too hot (no REALLY?). :rolleyes: I purchased the sensor, but need directions how to install it. Also, is the sensor the only problem? Thanks for your anticipated response. :)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2011 5:51:50 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: storm965 Go to Quoted Post
I have seen this posted 2x with no response. :confused: My oven must be turned off from the power source because the broiler kicks on and then we receive the F2 error which means oven is too hot (no REALLY?). :rolleyes: I purchased the sensor, but need directions how to install it. Also, is the sensor the only problem? Thanks for your anticipated response. :)

Storm,

The oven temperature sensor is the least likely issue at this point. You can replace the sensor from inside the oven cavity, open or remove the oven door and racks,You'll see the sensor located in the upper right hand corner of the back wall, remove the two phillips head screws and slide the sensor and harness out and disconnect the harness connection. Reverse the procedure and check the oven operation.

The more likely issue at this point, An issue in the bake broil conv. relay board,

Part number: AP4303468
Part number: AP4303468

Located on the back lower right hand area of the range. The circuitry has started to deteriorate and your stove relays are starting to get crossed or bleeding through and causing the issue.
You should also check the wiring to the broil element, you could have a loose connection or damaged wire, shorting to the chassis and causing the element to heat in the off position.

Thanks and Good Luck,
:) :) :)
storm965  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 11:07:30 AM(UTC)
storm965

You were right. I've replaced the sensor 2x and it still happened again. ( Broiler won't turn off without turning stove off from power source.) Although you mentioned the Bake/Broil Convection Shield, should I get the Switch Hi part also?
:confused:
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 2:09:06 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

You were right. I've replaced the sensor 2x and it still happened again. ( Broiler won't turn off without turning stove off from power source.) Although you mentioned the Bake/Broil Convection Shield, should I get the Switch Hi part also?
:confused:

Storm,
I doubt you will need the hi limit switch, But it wouldn't hurt. It could help you from having to tear into the range and replace it in the near future.

storm965  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 1, 2011 8:25:51 AM(UTC)
storm965

I apologize for bothering you yet again, but I just want to make sure I order the correct part. It seems that the part number you gave me has been discontinued (AP4303468). When I researched it, it said it was a downdraft relay board, however, I thought I needed a bake broil conv. relay board. The difference is about $200 in price. Plus I want to make sure it is the right part. Also do you think I will need another temperature sensor or do you think it still functioning?
Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 1, 2011 10:43:20 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

I apologize for bothering you yet again, but I just want to make sure I order the correct part. It seems that the part number you gave me has been discontinued (AP4303468). When I researched it, it said it was a downdraft relay board, however, I thought I needed a bake broil conv. relay board. The difference is about $200 in price. Plus I want to make sure it is the right part. Also do you think I will need another temperature sensor or do you think it still functioning?

Storm,

No need for you to apologize,

I'm the one who's sorry, I totally screwed up and gave you the wrong part number for the convect,bake,broil relay board. The part number you need is :

Part number: AP4088560
Part number: AP4088560

It is actually the ERC/control. The bake, broil,convect relays are part of the control, on your range. The relay boards on the back are auxillary boards and control the downdraft fan and self clean door latch assembly.

As for a new oven temp. sensor, I really doubt you will have an issue with it.

Once again, I really apologize for the incorrect information I forwarded to you, and appreciate your understanding.

Thanks,

:o :o :o
storm965  
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 4, 2011 2:20:33 PM(UTC)
storm965

Received the part. It doesn't fit my stove. Any other suggestions?
Joe / APP Team  
#8 Posted : Monday, December 5, 2011 5:43:04 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Storm,

You need to contact the AppliancePartsPros.com Customer Sevice Team at 1-877-477-7278.
I'm not sure were I screwed up, But the correct ERC for your Range :

Part number: AP4396710
Part number: AP4396710

MPN no. 5700M662-60, is no longer available from the manufacturer
"This part has been permanently discontinued by the manufacturer and we don't know of any source for the part ."

You may want to search the internet for antique, or discontinued appliance parts sources, or control board repair organizations.

I'm terribly sorry for all the part misinformation I've given you, and hopefully you understand.

Thanks,
:o :o :o
xrossyx  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, February 1, 2012 5:43:25 PM(UTC)
xrossyx

did you ever figure this out? i am in same boat. and cannot find this part anywhere.

hate to have to buy a 2800 hundred dollar stove :(
Joe / APP Team  
#10 Posted : Friday, February 3, 2012 5:22:26 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: xrossyx Go to Quoted Post
did you ever figure this out? i am in same boat. and cannot find this part anywhere.

hate to have to buy a 2800 hundred dollar stove :(

Xrossyx,
It'll be rough, when a manufacturer discontinues a part, you need to try other sources. You may need to search the internet, based on the previous posts(dicontinued/antique parts or control board repair companies) .

Thanks,
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply