Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
brian450  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2011 11:44:31 AM(UTC)
brian450

Groups: Registered

So I get a phone call today at work from my wife. The dishwasher was leaking water from the bottom of the door. When she found it, the wahser was still running (she thinks rinse cycle) and she opened the door to find the fill hole (left side of the washer) spraying water. The bottom of the washer was already full. She shut the door and pressed the cancel button. She opened the door again, and the fill hole was still spraying water. So the washer continued to fill even though it was turned off.

I came home and thought my wife had turned off all the appropriate water valves. We cleaned up the water and I turned on the water to the home and nearby sink (thinking the valve to the dishwasher was off...it felt closed). I took the face plate off and figured the water supply vavle must have failed. I disconnected the water line from the sink to the valve and water went everywhere! The valve I thought was closed was not....but the dishwasher water inlet valve had closed.

The little research I've done pointed me toward the Water Inlet Valve. Seems logical to me. I found a site that recommended a continuity test. I registered 70 ohms, not infinity like a bad valve should. I suppose the valve itself may have been stuck. Not sure. It didn't leak once the water was turned back on.

I've seen posts talking about Floats as well. Could there be a float in the washer tub that tells the washer to keep filling up? Is there any other sensor or device that could tell the washer to fill indefinitely?

Thanks for your help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.