Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
adrabek  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 9, 2011 1:01:16 PM(UTC)
adrabek

Groups: Registered

I have an aunt that has an old Kenmore oven, it says solid state ignition on it. The burner in the bottom of the oven is only lighting half of it. I have taken the shield plate off the burner and the piezo lighting part is working, the pilot lights, but then only one side of the burner lights when the shield is on. Both sides light when it is off. When it was together when she would run the oven and you could smell the gas that was not lighting. The burner is a little rusted but the holes are open as you can light it with a match or lighter but not as it normally should light. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

adrabek  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2011 6:19:39 PM(UTC)
adrabek

Anyone have any guesses or ideas?
rnhamski  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 5:15:38 AM(UTC)
rnhamski

I have kinda a similar problem. How come there are no answers?
adrabek  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2011 8:08:21 PM(UTC)
adrabek

I have been digging all over online and still haven't found anything about it. It is a model 911.6138510, the burner part number is 319255. I am thinking of drilling more holes from the one side over to the other side of the tube so maybe it will jump from hole to hole and light the other side. I haven't found anywhere to even get a new burner for it. I have found several that have the electric glowing starter on it, one that has a sparker that keeps sparking to light the burner itself, mine has a sparker that lights a pilot then the pilot lights the burner. My aunt has resorted to waiting by the oven and when it lights for when it calls for heat in the oven each time she reaches under through the broiler drawer with a match or long lighter and lights the other side by hand. Sure hope someone sees this and helps me out here.

:mad:
Sorb555  
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2016 8:41:56 AM(UTC)
Sorb555

Has their been any resolution to this problem? I'm having the same issue on my Kenmore elite gas range. The surface burner takes a long time to light, and then it only lights half of the burner. Also. When I turn the know to low, it fully lights and one side is bigger. I cleaned the burner with wire, and soaked it. And fully dried it before I tried this. Any help?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply