Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mwyofa  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2011 7:50:36 AM(UTC)
mwyofa

Groups: Registered

My dreyer is approx. 8 years old. Recently it has taken 2-3 runs on high heat to dry a load. I took the dryer apart to remove any debris. I found a considerable ammount of lint and othe items. After cleaning out the dryer, I re-assembled and ran a load. I am having the same problem, numerous runs to dry a load. When the dryer is started the igniter coil heats, the gas come on and we have heat. Only for a few minutes though. What are the OHM readings supposed to be for the thermostats and thermal limits?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2011 8:33:30 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mwyofa Go to Quoted Post
My dreyer is approx. 8 years old. Recently it has taken 2-3 runs on high heat to dry a load. I took the dryer apart to remove any debris. I found a considerable ammount of lint and othe items. After cleaning out the dryer, I re-assembled and ran a load. I am having the same problem, numerous runs to dry a load. When the dryer is started the igniter coil heats, the gas come on and we have heat. Only for a few minutes though. What are the OHM readings supposed to be for the thermostats and thermal limits?

Mwyofa,

All of the thermostats and thermal fuses will have a "closed" circuit across the terminals at room temperature.

You could disconnect and check and clean the dryer exhaust vent and vent hood. A restricted exhaust system will produce the symptoms you described.

Thanks,
:) :) :)
mwyofa  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2011 9:41:12 AM(UTC)
mwyofa

Groups: Registered

I have checked the exhaust line, it is clear. When dryer is running a significant ammount of air is flowing out the vent. I checked all of the thermostats and thermal fuses, all are "closed", with one exception. The dryer cycle thermostat has two pair of connections. One pair are "closed", the other is open. I believe this to be the internal bias heater for this item. I also checked the coils on the gas valve. All combinations read as open. If I am thinking correctly, one of them has to be "Closed" to allow the valve to work, and I know one of the valves works due to the initial firing of the gas during startup.
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2011 11:50:58 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mwyofa Go to Quoted Post
I have checked the exhaust line, it is clear. When dryer is running a significant ammount of air is flowing out the vent. I checked all of the thermostats and thermal fuses, all are "closed", with one exception. The dryer cycle thermostat has two pair of connections. One pair are "closed", the other is open. I believe this to be the internal bias heater for this item. I also checked the coils on the gas valve. All combinations read as open. If I am thinking correctly, one of them has to be "Closed" to allow the valve to work, and I know one of the valves works due to the initial firing of the gas during startup.

Mwyofa,

The "bias heater" circuit would have been the two small terminals with the purple wires attached. It is a very light circuit(avg .24 Ωs and could read as an open circuit.

The gas valve coils will most likely circuit check properly and give you a false reading if "cold, The two terminal coil should have 1300 to 1400 Ωs across the two terminals,
and the three terminal coil should have 1300 to 1400 Ωs from pin one (lft term.) to pin 2 (center term) and 500 to 600 Ωs from pin 1 (left term) to pin 3 (right terminal) You may need to run the dryer and let it heat for 15 to 20 minutes to achieve an accurate resistance readings on the coils

Good Luck and Thanks,
:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply