Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
redcyclone11  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2009 11:07:05 AM(UTC)
redcyclone11

Groups: Registered

Just recently, I have had problems with my washer not emptying all the water after its cycle, leaving all my clothes still very wet. I'm not all that handy with things like this, so can someone please let me know what it might be? I already had work on this washer 6 months after I bought it, as the plastic spin-bowl cracked, leaking water everywhere in my old apartment, and I know that had I not had the warranty (manufact.) it would have been pointless to get repairwork done for the cost.

Someone please help with this water draining situation. Thanks! :confused:

-Paul C-
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2009 3:37:59 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Can you tell if the problem is due to the water not draining completely during the spin cycle, or if the spin cycle is stopping short of its regular time?

Also, please post the model number and let's see what we have.

Thanks
redcyclone11  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2009 8:08:28 PM(UTC)
redcyclone11

Groups: Registered

I cant read the sticker on the front panel for the model number except the following:

W4400?Q0

Its faded away.

Also, my girlfriend seems to think that the bowl is the problem, whereas the center piece continues to spin, but the bowl stays stationary during the spin cycle. Not sure if this helps to explain the problem or not.

I did a small setting cycle (just water, no clothing) and it drained the water completely. Then, I ran a Super load, and the same results came from previous times, water soaked clothing and water at the bottom of the bowl. I appreciate any response/help.

-Paul C-
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2009 5:42:30 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Well, a little hard to tell from your description but sounds as though your problem is that when there is a load of clothes the washer does not spin or spin hard enough to wring the water from the clothes.

Can you tell if the washer is spinning correctly when you have a load of clothes in the machine?

Assuming that it does not, look at the posts on this site that discuss clutch problems and see if they describe your problem. If so, then you can decide if you want to try and replace the clutch yourself or have a tech do it.

Here is a site you can also look at

Clutch Replacement on Whirlpool and Kenmore Washers
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply